245/60/15 tyres on 69 Dart

-

leffelou

Reaction score
Would 245/60/ r15 tyres fit on the back of a 69 Dart without having to roll lips or modify the body in any way? Or would I be better going for 235's?

I am planning either a stock ride height or maybe a 1" drop

I need as much rubber footprint as possible as I am installing a 425hp small block backed up by a 4 speed:glasses7: but I DO NOT want to alter the bodyshell in any way

I have a 67 Dart and run 255/60/15 tires. My lip is not rolled but I did install a spring offset kit. No cutting of the frame at all. You have to make very sure you measure for correct offset and they will fit.

I'm running 255/60/15's on the back of my 68 Dart. The wheels are 7" wide with 4.5" backspacing.

I run 275/55/14 on mine with 7' rims. rolled ...no fat chicks.

I run 275/55/14's on 7inch rims, rolled inner lip... No fat chicks.

Where did you find those 275/55/14 tires at??

should fit great in the back as long as you get/have the rite backspacing. you could possible go bigger as well.

I'm running 245/60/15's on the rear of my Dart. 15X7 steelies from Wheel Vintique with 5" of BS, SS springs and no modifications to the wheel lips etc.

torqthrust004.jpg

torqthrust006.jpg

The backspacing of the wheel is definitely the key to getting more tire under the car without modifying anything. Wheel Vintiques made my 15x7 small bolt, rally wheels with (if I recall correctly) a 4-1/2" backspacing. I have these on both the front & rear of my '71 Scamp with a set of P235 60 R15 tires, & they've never rubbed or scraped anything. I think I could go slightly wider in the back, but I'm content with what I have.

Sorry I don't have a pic directly from the back, or closer to the wheels, but this one gives a glimpse of the wheel lip of the quarter.

ScampJuly077aa.jpg

Can you please tell me what color that is? I have a 1968 dart that I want to paint that color. Thanks, John

The backspacing of the wheel is definitely the key to getting more tire under the car without modifying anything. Wheel Vintiques made my 15x7 small bolt, rally wheels with (if I recall correctly) a 4-1/2" backspacing. I have these on both the front & rear of my '71 Scamp with a set of P235 60 R15 tires, & they've never rubbed or scraped anything. I think I could go slightly wider in the back, but I'm content with what I have.

Sorry I don't have a pic directly from the back, or closer to the wheels, but this one gives a glimpse of the wheel lip of the quarter.

ScampJuly077aa.jpg

Can you please tell me what color that is? I have a 1968 dart that I want to paint that color. Thanks, John

I don't remember the name of the color that Plymouth called it, but I know it isn't "Curious Yellow" for 1971. If I remember, there may have been 3 different yellows that year. I can check the fender tag to see what code is on it & will post back, or PM you when I have a chance.

-
Back