255/60/15 tire availability

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I have been on google and searching here for a bit. It seems I am quite limited to BFG , Cooper, and one other knockoff. I don’t even care about white letter tires. Tire rack only offers 2 tires in that size... both mentioned above. Is there an option that I’m missing? It’s looking like $750 for a new set of 15’s. It’s still hard to believe that the 15” tire market died as fast as it did. Look how many billions are still on the road. Guess it’s more of the 225 and 235 stuff. Anyway... thanks for any more ideas before I plunk down the big bucks for BFG etc.

This is not a “will it fit”. This is a “ what other manufacturers could I be missing while searching for tires”. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s the two that keep popping up. Was hoping there were more affordable options for a semi daily driver.

This isn’t a tire size “ will it fit “ question. This is what are my options besides BFG,cooper and Hankook option in a 255/60/15. Thanks.

And people don't believe me when I say there's no tire selection for 15" rims in tires wider than 225. Yeah, there's BFG T/A's, Cooper Cobra's, and maybe one or two others depending on the exact size, if you're lucky. That's it, that's really about all there is.

And you won't get 275's on the back of a Dart without a 1/2" spring offset. 255's are pushing your luck with most Dart's and stock spring locations.

And people don't believe me when I say there's no tire selection for 15" rims in tires wider than 225. Yeah, there's BFG T/A's, Cooper Cobra's, and maybe one or two others depending on the exact size, if you're lucky. That's it.
I was hoping somebody had found a little hidden secret out there on a basic black sidewall tire. I can unfortunately see 17” wheel in my future on this semi daily. It’s funny that 16” were a quick fad. It went from 15-17 in no time. I remember when 17” were huge wheels.

I was hoping somebody had found a little hidden secret out there on a basic black sidewall tire. I can unfortunately see 17” wheel in my future on this semi daily. It’s funny that 16” were a quick fad. It went from 15-17 in no time. I remember when 17” were huge wheels.

Even the tire selection for 17" rims has dropped off dramatically. There's still way more selection in 17" than 15", but 18" has more selection still. Even 18" rim tire selection has dropped off from a few years ago.

Pretty ridiculous that we will need to put 20” on just to drive our old stuff in 10 years! Might as well buy spinner 20’s. If I’m going, I’m going real stupid looking.

Unless you are going for a certain look you might get better traction using a smaller size (225/60...etc) in a more modern tire. The BFGs and Cooper are really old technology and compound.

I removed my comments and cleaned up your thread @Mopar92. After your edit I see where you are coming from. Sorry I got short with you. If you are looking for inexpensive tires for a driver you may need to look for used. Do your homework there though. Tires older than 6 years are so can fly apart at highway speeds. And I have had lots of experience with cheap/off-brand tires. Most are not worth mounting. The 15" tires are getting hard to find (as you have found out) You are probably going to bite the bullet and buy some name brand ones. There are a few places that sell them for less but not by much.

Last edited:
Only other option I have come across is the hercules hp 4000. Have them on my dakota and can't complain about them. But I don't know if they offer any difference in quality compared to the others.

Pep boys had or has a Furura tire that offered several sizes in 15". Also master craft is another name not known but has 15" oprions. Mickey Thompson offers some choices as well but can be a little pricey. I guess Goodyear is out of the picture!:eek:

I removed my comments and cleaned up your thread @Mopar92. After your edit I see where you are coming from. Sorry I got short with you. If you are looking for inexpensive tires for a driver you may need to look for used. Do your homework there though. Tires older than 6 years are so can fly apart at highway speeds. And I have had lots of experience with cheap/off-brand tires. Most are not worth mounting. The 15" tires are getting hard to find (as you have found out) You are probably going to bite the bullet and buy some name brand ones. There are a few places that sell them for less but not by much.
All good. I think I’ll just bite it and go wit BFG’s. They look pretty classic on muscle car era cars. Discount Tire confirmed they will price match any normal retail store on the BFGs too. They said Firestone list a few tires I need but the system won’t let them order them.... he said rumor is that Firestone is coming out with 15’s for the exact reason that BFG is selling the fire out of their BFG. He’s a regional manager so maybe that’s true. I certainly see a small market there. Anyway thanks for all of the help gents.

Tire Rack .com has 6 in that size.

Huh?

A61A3DAD-5DB5-49F2-A9C0-45507579FA7D.jpeg

Coker Tire has the best prices a good verity and free delivery

Coker literally has only two tires in 225/60/15. One is a whitewall, and the other is the same BFG TA you can get anywhere. Their price on the BFG TA is good, but you can get that price matched at a bunch of other places that can actually install the tires. Which is important, because a lot of places waive installation charges if you buy from them, but will be happy to hit you with those charges if you buy from Coker and show up with those tires.

-
Back