26 plus months rebuilding my friends old high school 69 Barracuda notchback

-

1969cudarebuild

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been a member here now for about 2 years. I have been asked by others to post up an article about the Barracuda build. My time has been used daily where I haven't had much time to do a write up on the car. Well, now that the car is completed I have a little spare time to do just that.
Originally I was only to do the body and paint on the car. Later down the road in the project I was asked to build it. See, this is my very first endeavor of any mopar brand project so that made doing it even much more of a challenge. Thanks to some of you on here I was able to work through issues and also locate hard to find pieces. First off I will show some pictures of how it turned out. As the days follow and my mind reminds me to I will update this thread with images and descriptions of what and why along the way. May I unvail and introduce you all to my friends completely rebuilt and modified 1969 Barracuda notchback high school car.

20220513_200836.jpg

20220513_200756.jpg

20220513_200732.jpg

20220513_200711.jpg

Very nice! Do you have any pictures as the build progressed?

I really like those wheels, what brand are they? 65'

Real nice 340 car and, yes show us what you started with.

Last edited:
I used to not be a notch back fan, but they've grown on me over the years. That's a good lookin car!

It didn't look all that bad really. But... this turned into being the biggest rats nest of hidden damage and rust. I will show more pictures later of what all was done. Just a little taste of what was done... new right side quarter panel, rocker panel, donar car at tje salvage yard gave up its B pillar and A pillar section from cowl to roof, trunk floor, various rust out spots all over the car. Then a mini tub was done with spring relocation and inner wheel well widening, automatic car was adapted to a TKO 5 speed, center trans tunnel mod and transmission crossmember. Sooo much medal work. Crazy amount of time was put into this project. Stand by for more pictures and words. Thank you for following along and please be patient with my updates.

-
Back