273 and 9 1/2" clutch???

-

RussDavis

Reaction score
Is that the only size you can use wth the stock parts? If so where do I get a decent one? Thanks

I've checked absolutely everywhere for a 9 1/2" performance clutch and as far as I know no one makes one. I checked with my local Clutchmasters shop and he says he can rebuild and hop up anything. That's where I'm going for mine. You can change the flywheel and bellhousing and mess with the linkage and get a 10" clutch in there. If you want. toolman

Is that the only size you can use wth the stock parts? If so where do I get a decent one? Thanks

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...908090+4294840077+4294925134+115&autoview=sku

but man it is bucks$

I would upgrade to a 10.5 if you can. I thought there was a way to mod the flywheel and add the larger pressure plate and disc to it

The 9.5s are pretty weak if yuu drive hard at all unless you spend big $$ as above.

Soryy, rock auto used to cary them and so did car quest.

hi, mcleod clutch has a 9 1/2 clutch listed. #360050 B&B style, listed for workhorse series jeep anddodge. disc is 26014 street or 260804 perf disc.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=33613&highlight=clutch Read through this post. We've been down the McLeod
road before. Thay no longer produce small clutches any more(unless they just started remaking them) toolmanmike

I just got on the McLeod forums which was monitored by their tech dept. They apparently quit making 9 1/2" clutches
a few years ago when they got bought by B&M. Well they are no longer owned by B&M so I asked if they may be reintroducing these clutches. I hope to have an answer in a couple of days.

If you're going to get rough with it you should step up to the 10 1/2" set up
or look into the dual disc set up. For street use a stock clutch should be ok. Se if you can find a Clutchmasters. Check out their website and find a dealer near you. I've seen their work and the stuff looks like the stuff the parts stores sell, It's neat that they can modify the stock stuff to make it stronger. They can reface the disc with organic,kevlar, or even ceramic. Good luck and keep us posted. toolmanmike

[-o<[-o<Mike at Fort Wayne Clutch says he can rebuild my setup with stiffer springs, if my cores are good. Might give that a try.

I would upgrade to a 10.5 if you can. I thought there was a way to mod the flywheel and add the larger pressure plate and disc to it

Back in the early 70s I put a 10.5 in my car. I used a Lakewood Scatter Shield & a Hays Clutch & Flywheel.

It was a lot of work nothing fit right. Had to move the clutch fork pivot mount in the bell housing, (welded a new piece of steel & drilled & taped new pivot mounting holes) & use a different fork. If I remember right I used a 340 fork.

I had to narrow the bell crank & relocate the inner arm.

The bracket & ball for the inner end of the bell crank that Lakewood sent didn't line up with the ball on the frame, so I had to weld on more metal & drill new mounting holes.

It worked great & ended the clutch problems but it is a pain measuring & getting everything lined up right.

First bell crank ball mount I made, I didn't realize I measuring at an angle. Had the bell crank at slight angle, linkage broke first time I pushed the clutch pedal in.

Well I received the clutch and pressure plate. Its a full 10, all I did is grind 3/16 off of the mounting ears to fit the flywheel face. Hope to install next week.

-
Back