273 Commando Valve Covers and air cleaner

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Those are actually '67 only covers. While they will fit and function on '68/'69 273 (and all other LA small blocks, for that matter), they are not correct for those years. 273 Commando/Charger (4bbl) engine disappeared after 1967 model year. (See BOTTOM pic)

Just for everyones info, '66 covers (see MIDDLE pic) have the large welded bracket on the pass. side cover, but have 2 stove pipes instead of 1 stove pipe and one rubber grommet ('67). '65 covers (see TOP pic) have 2 stove pipes and no large welded pass. side bracket.

65CommandoCovers.jpg

66CommandoCovers2.jpg

67CommandoCovers2.jpg

between my and my father. we have 4 sets of the valve covers the matching 4bbl intake, 4 bbl carb and chrome air breather assembly.

i will see if dad wants to sell his.mine are on my truck and dad has 1 extra set not on anything. are you interested in the intake,carb or chrome breather?

You could use a black lid from a slant six car and have it chromed! I have one (the bigger cover) from a slant six I got on ebay, it is identical except it is not chrome, The base plate I can get anywhere, I will just buy a generic one for the base. I believe the original Commando base plate only fits AFB carbs, too small for an AVS or Holley.

Here are some pics of the black slant six lids, one has a breather tube and one doesn't. The other is a 273 Commando lid. Both the slant six ones are currently on ebay!:toothy10: Rechroming wouldn't be that bad, probably cost as much or less for what you would pay for an original Commando lid except then you would have mint chrome if you had one done.

66dc_1.jpg

68dartair1.jpg

22ea_12.jpg

I have a nice set of '67 valve covers and the chrome air cleaner cover. I might have the small diameter base plate but no promises there. The cover has the Dodge decal, but you can buy the Plymouth version easily. I'll sell them to you for $150.00 including shipping to the US
PM me if your interested.

P1010005.jpg

Thank you and I got a reply and It looks like I'll be getting them after he tells me how he wants to be paid.

between my and my father. we have 4 sets of the valve covers the matching 4bbl intake, 4 bbl carb and chrome air breather assembly.
Can you tell me if the Carb is a Carter 4295S and if you are selling it. How Much?
Thanx Mike Keeler 772-834-6999 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back