Not open for further replies.

V8-valiant

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
anyone have a decent set of commando valve covers for a decent price?

Picture%20005.jpg

The only difference is the aluminum fins and they are glued on. The wrinkle finish paint is available from Eastwood and works great if you follow the instructions.
A friend of mine said he had ONE of those valve covers I could have if I come get it but I never did. I could see if it is still available if you like.

You will have to remove the spark wire holders on the non-commando covers, they are welded on. They would work but try to find just the fins.....

You will have to remove the spark wire holders on the non-commando covers, they are welded on. They would work but try to find just the fins.....

yeah i would like to find a set of originals than making some look like commando's. yes your pic was a good example, great looking car!

=V8-valiant;264089]if you have some we can talk about a decent price. i watched a perfect set sell on ebay for $135 which i thought was high, but i was thinking around $30 to $60.[/quote]

i have a pair but the prices ive seen the perfect set for $135 was a steal,mine arent perfect

I paid $120 for the ones in the picture, that was about 2 years ago. I also refinished them myself. They are always on ebay for sale!

I would think a person could reproduce the finned pieces if they had a small milling machine. You'd still need to find the valve covers with the "stove pipe" on them.

I would think a person could reproduce the finned pieces if they had a small milling machine. You'd still need to find the valve covers with the "stove pipe" on them.

i have a couple of sets of the plain ones as well

i have 4 sets of these valve covers along with 1 matching 4bbl intake,carb and air breather. I am really fond of these covers. They can really make a engine look nice and convient for spark plug wire holders. I have really never thought about selling them. I would sell the intake setup if necessary. I do not know the value of the valve covers. All of mine are in very nice shape..

thats a big factor, everyone's opinion is different. call me cheap but i wont pay $100 plus on a set of valve covers, sure the are originals that are not reproduced anymore but i just think thats too much. thanks anyways guys!

hey there, just saw a set at the portland swap meet. wasn't interested in them so don't even know what they wanted for them. i think my friends and i saw a couple sets actually. sorry i didn't check on them. i'll see if any of them have some.
bigdaddydon

I think if I wanted to clone a set I would first look at juniors pile of amplifiers for a similar aluminum heat sink fin design. When all else failed I'd butcher a set of 67 Barracuda hood medalions. Hug either tight next to the welded sheet metal plug wire clips that are covered with white plastic anyway.
When I restored my valve covers the only source for the correct wire looms got 4.60 each for them , times 4 OUCH ! I saw those for a lot less recently.

I bought a new set of the white wire looms from Mopar 25+ years ago & forgot I had them. I have no idea what they cost me, but at least I have a set for when I finish my motor.

Two sets on EBAY right now, one set starting at $122 and the other buy it now for $179. Could be hard finding a pair for under $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back