273 engine emblems

-

az426hemi

Reaction score
Were only the 273 4 barrel 1966 Darts the only early a's that had the 273 engine emblems?

Thanks,
Mike

I believe so. There was a "Commando" or "Formula S" emblem for early Barracudas, so they would not have used it.

67as well.

...unnless you're calling pre-67 "early A".

The 273 4 barrel engines on the Darts got an emblem with "273 Four Barrel" & the 273 2 barrel engines got "V8" emblems.
The Barracuda & Valiant had either "V eight" or "Commando" emblems except the Formula S cars which did not get any emblem for the engine only the round Formula S emblem.

I've never heard of them (273 four barrel) available at any time in 68 (but parts were still readily available). The 340 was out from the beginning of production...

Further detail related to the Question, the 66 273 emblem looks like the 67 emblem, but is flat compared to the 67 with a body contour in it. 65's just had the V8 emblem

Further detail related to the Question, the 66 273 emblem looks like the 67 emblem, but is flat compared to the 67 with a body contour in it. 65's just had the V8 emblem

Unless it was a 65 GT, then no engine related emblem at all...

I've never heard of them (273 four barrel) available at any time in 68 (but parts were still readily available). The 340 was out from the beginning of production...

If you look in The front of an original 1968 service manual they still list 273 HP as engine code E. I doubt any were made. Always struck me as funny.

If you look in The front of an original 1968 service manual they still list 273 HP as engine code E. I doubt any were made. Always struck me as funny.

The 273 hipo was available in 1968 and not only A bodies- recently a 68 Dart ragtop was for sale here in MD- may still be on CL

I've seen a factory 273-2 68 Coronet DeLuxe.

The 273 four barrel was NEVER available in anything but an A-body. To believe that 68 Dart I would need to see the VIN/fender tag/broadcast sheet.

-
Back