273 motor mount?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
wasn't that long ago I looked high and low for the thicker mount for the 273 that went in the 65 cuda. now I need another pair, can't find the thicker ones anywhere or remember where I finally found the other set???
looks like to me the thinner ones I can find, it pan will hit the k member. why is this SO hard???? yes it has the drop center link... maybe I found them in feebay, I admit to not having any confidence on buying from people on there is don't know!!!!!!!

I just did search feebay, nos for nos price ( sorry), then a westar brand for $22, sorry but these are $5 parts. I refuse to pay $22 for a $5 part. just me.... I looked for the receipt for the other mounts but couldn't find it..... I will call Schumaker and see if they sell just the mounts, they use the thicker ones on their OEM brackets ( I have the brackets)..
everyone wants a piece of the pie, but i'm sorry, some of the feebay prices are totally insane.

I just did search feebay, nos for nos price ( sorry), then a westar brand for $22, sorry but these are $5 parts. I refuse to pay $22 for a $5 part. just me.... I looked for the receipt for the other mounts but couldn't find it..... I will call Schumaker and see if they sell just the mounts, they use the thicker ones on their OEM brackets ( I have the brackets)..
everyone wants a piece of the pie, but i'm sorry, some of the feebay prices are totally insane.

I gave Schumacher a call last week to see if they'd sell me just one mount for my 318 to 340 swap and they said they would. I already have their /6 to 273/318 swap mounts and they said itd be about $55 for the driver side mount by itself. So if you called them they'd probably work with you and get you what you need. I love their products!

$55 is a bit much but it beats the price of a new kit, that's for sure. Have you tried O'Reillys? They have some mounts but not all of them. It's worth a shot.

I got my set at a great price from Napa. When you order them you need to order them for a 65 Valiant because according to their book the 65 Barracuda will get you the thin ones.

I think that the thicker mounts came on the trucks back then. Try looking up one for one of them....

I found several for under $40 for the pair. In the late 80's you couldn't get anything for the early cars, so when I finally found a set for my 65 Barracuda in an old auto parts store, I think I paid close to $50 each. And this was the first set I had found in 3 years of looking. And I was glad to have them, cause everything was rotted or ripped. At least you can now get them, maybe not $5 each, but if you want cheap, build a Chevy, and be like everyone else. I personally like showing up in something nobody has seen in a while. Everyone has a Chevelle, or a Camaro.

I had to make run back to city this am. I checked back with O reilly, they found what was supposed to be the mount , according to the "old" car book. not even close. I did finally find some on Rock. I can search 4 times and find not the right one, try again, same search and boom there it is. $7 each, I needed another part anyway, so I paid some shipping.
those on ebay at $20 ea and free shipping was do-able but I already found the others. thanks for the help.
like he said, way more parts for Early A cars now, but then too some of the OEM replacement parts are gone too. hey, I've had mopars since the mid 80's, and fought the parts deal seems forever, sorry NO chevy or Ford, mainly because I;m too old to try to learn a new brand and learn to talk GM squibble!!?? LOL not that I was born with Mopar loyalty!

Glad you found some. Now get it finished and driving!

like someone else said the truck mounts are taller.

I am NO expert on the early A cars for sure. I did use the thicker mounts in the 273 65 cuda. if I had used the thinner mounts, I have to wonder how close the pan would be to the k member????
I believe the parts stores really have little desire to handle pats for the older cars. if they can get a part, it has to come from off somewhere, not out of their warehouse!??
if anyone who's for sure which are the correct mounts, I would love to know. I not a "purist" but have to think having the correct thickness there has a bearing on the geometry of the engine, tranny, etc...
good thing I have something else to drive! not sure if " I;m slow but sure" or " just plain slow!?". LOL

and besides when i'm piecing things back together, its a struggle! broken parts, missing parts, bad new parts, stuff that's too rusted to use ( wheels that laid outside with flat tires on them?), the list is long. years back I could put one together pretty good as I had parts cars right there, and a building full of parts. plus I wasn't woreout!!!!

Pm me or give me a call if you ever need any info, I will try to help. I have dealt with early A's since 1986, when I got my first 2 a's.

-
Back