Status
Not open for further replies.

motorpirate

serial mopar owner
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hi, We went to install a MP 5 blade clutch fan on our '66 Cuda last night, and low and behold it hits the AC dampened crank pulley on the car now.
AC has been removed,so we dont really need the "third groove" but it's not impossible I may put the AC back on if/when the kids stop using it as a "racecar".
So I dont just want to cut it off..
Anyone got a non AC crank pulley for a cast iron water pumped 273 in their stash?

Thanks

If that "rubberized" crank pulley is in good shape, you definitely don't want to damage it. They're getting pretty hard to find these days. I'd either get a non-A/C pulley, or get the correct stock fan and spacer so it doesn't hit the existing pulley. Sounds like you need a 2 groove....one for the alternator and water pump, and the other for P/S?

If that "rubberized" crank pulley is in good shape, you definitely don't want to damage it. They're getting pretty hard to find these days. I'd either get a non-A/C pulley, or get the correct stock fan and spacer so it doesn't hit the existing pulley. Sounds like you need a 2 groove....one for the alternator and water pump, and the other for P/S?
We have the stock AC fan and shroud. And the rubber "dampened" pulley will go in the huge "AC for '66 Cuda" box in the loft for when everyone grows up and thinks its hot in the car.
We were putting the 5 blade MP clutch fan on to free up some HP in our quest for 12's.

Later model pulley for 318 will work after a rat tail file oblongs one bolt hole. I did this to add the p/s pulley to my 67 single belt pulley.

Hi, We went to install a MP 5 blade clutch fan on our '66 Cuda last night, and low and behold it hits the AC dampened crank pulley on the car now.
AC has been removed,so we dont really need the "third groove" but it's not impossible I may put the AC back on if/when the kids stop using it as a "racecar".
So I dont just want to cut it off..
Anyone got a non AC crank pulley for a cast iron water pumped 273 in their stash?

Thanks
Got 1 off a 65 Dart with 273, 4 bbl. It is a harmonic balancer if thats what u need. Zip 81403.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back