273 to 360 ( MRL Performance ) swap 1967 Barracuda

-

Shingar

Reaction score
Very excited about replacing my tired 273 with an MRL Performance 360 (Classic Cruiser). Heard nothing but good things about Mike at MRL Performance. I think I have everything covered as far as the swap. 340 manifold on driver's side to clear P/S (trying to avoid headers), request old style water pump to match up with driver's side radiator outlet, and 360 specific motor mounts. This should be a pretty simple swap......am I overlooking anything?

Yes. MRL provides the flexplate. Good point.

Yes, but is it the correct, weighted one?

Also, I think you'll need the early front cover as well, as the old style water pump may interfere with the cast-in timing marks on the later cover?

Yes, but is it the correct, weighted one?

Also, I think you'll need the early front cover as well, as the old style water pump may interfere with the cast-in timing marks on the later cover?

I'd be willing to bet that Mike installed the correct flex plate and timing cover when he assembled the engine?!?

Keep us updated on the install!

I think that engine would be a ton of fun in a Dart! I've never heard anything but great things about Mike's work.

Don't forget ....the drivers side motor mount needs to be changed from 273/318 to the 340/360 type ....passenger side will be ok.

How about putting in a 73-76 K-frame, Tubular uppers and disc brakes.... Probably will need them.

Pay attention to the radiator inlet. If you keep the front stuff from the 273 you need a better rad with the inlet on that side, if you do the 360 front stuff the inlet switches to the other side.

The way I read his post he already covered that.
Yup. Have that one covered.
Still looking for that 8 3/4 Sure Grip rear. I'm sure the 7 1/4 open that's in it now will explode soon after the 360 is dropped in. I'm in shock how much money these go for....and I'm almost at the end of my budget.

-
Back