273 valve covers

-

Inspector71

Reaction score
I've always liked the black 273 valve covers with the fins. I've found some on line but, for the most part they are not in great shape. I was wondering:
Does anyone manufacture reproductions of this cover? I didn't think so.
Will they fit on the 318-340-360? Thanks.
Finally, does anyone have a picture of the finned black Edelbrock valve covers on a motor? I have their catalogue but wondered what they looked like on an actual engine.

The only smallblock that is being reproduced are th ones for 340.

If you want too go finned small block Commando covers I should get in contact with Leanna. She's a pro on restoring them.

Really like them as well . Have a set for a big block , wish I could find for the 340

Sorry but the HP 273 valve covers have never been reproduced. Be patient and a set will surface here or on e-Bay. I saw only one set for sale at the Nats. They were $100 and in darned good shape. (should have bought them). There are slight differences between the 64-5 and 66+ covers with the wire harness tabs and the pcv valve attachment. And yes Leanna @ PSC does a wonderful job of reconditioning and restoring them. Here's a couple shots. tmm

Attachments

• engine 296.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 228
  • spring break09 007.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 189
You are so right. I saw them and they are incredible.

:-D I'm grinning so big right now it's not even funny. Thank you all!!!

Mike, that's a GREAT pic of your engine bay! I don't recall seeing it before -- thanks for sharing. It will look fantastic on the website.

The only smallblock that is being reproduced are th ones for 340.

If you want too go finned small block Commando covers I should get in contact with Leanna. She's a pro on restoring them.

Thanks Ulf! As timing would have it, yours shipped out this afternoon. :-D You should see them in the next 6-10 business days according to the receipt. Hope you love 'em!!!

-
Back