275/60/15 on an early A body, with pics

-

prorac1

Reaction score
Springs moved in 1/2" per side. And wheel lips rolled are the only nescessary modifications.

We also spaced the front hangers rearward 3/4".

Wheels are 15 x 8 with 4.5" of back spacing.

8.8 cut down to factory A body length.

1/4" to spring, 1/2" to rolled lip. Tight but alright.

IMG_4015.JPG
IMG_4016.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG
IMG_4019.JPG

Looks great! Is that the rear shackle hanging down in the first picture? Cut that sucker down.

Yeah. Lol. It is.

Today was just mock up.

Now we have to completely disassemble the rear suspension, paint, and detail all the parts, and reassemble.

That looks just evil. Nice work!

What's going on the front?

Yeah but have you driven it? 1/4" to 1/2" clearance is just too tight if you ask me. You go around a curve, hit a bump, or both at once, and the sidewall(s) will probably rub on something. I hope you are lucky and they don't.

Those are too tight...Just as 69_340_GTS said....hit a bump or enter a driveway/ entrance way not straight on and the rear axle will make the wheels move up and hit the inner and outer 1/4's. Been there done that with the same size tires. They look great, but function not so great. IMO

The springs are pretty stiff, and the fender lips are rolled smoothly. We will see how it rolls out.

On "push" testing, we have a lot of up and down clerance, and side to side takes a lot of movement to come closer. We never got the sidewall to touch

Articulation is where it came the closest to touching. We will see. We can always go with a 255/60/15 if this doesn't work. I will keep posting results as we find out more.

Yep, those look good. I have stock suspension on my 66 but only a 225-70 on a 15x7. Love those fat tires on early A's. I like the look of the 64.

001b.JPG

hrdp-1205-brake-system-fixes-18.jpg

P1170013.jpg

Holy crap. What size wheel and tire is that under the back. And what modifications were necessary to fit that monster. Holy cow. LOL
A member here owned that car. I can't remember who though.

Yep, those look good. I have stock suspension on my 66 but only a 225-70 on a 15x7. Love those fat tires on early A's. I like the look of the 64.

View attachment 1715175039

View attachment 1715175040

View attachment 1715175041

We thought about mini tub and Jason's. But it would affectively keep us from ever putting tail pipes on the With the factory gas tank . So we decided against it and went this route.

That's a little tall for my tastes. LOL but definitely tough looking no doubt

We are going to try to drop ours another inch. I'll report back. LOL.

-
Back