2bbl intake

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
If I switch to a Weber 2bbl, should I try to find an aluminum Super Six intake? I've heard mixed reviews. Is the kickdown shaft a can of worms I shouldn't open? What's the chance of finding one, and a good one at that?

If I switch to a Weber 2bbl, should I try to find an aluminum Super Six intake? I've heard mixed reviews. Is the kickdown shaft a can of worms I shouldn't open? What's the chance of finding one, and a good one at that?

I don't know a lot about this, but I have heard that there were casting porosity problems witha a lot of the aluminum manifolds, so you might be better off using a cast iron manifold. Probably a lot easier to find, too...

Additionally, those OEM Weber carbs for the Pintos, etc. were on 140 cubic inch, 4-cylinder engines (unless it was for a V6) and probably aren't sized correctly for a 225 slant 6. Holley makes a 350 cfm 2bbl that I THINK is based on the Weber design, that would maybe be a better choice.

Dan???

I don't know a lot about this, but I have heard that there were casting porosity problems witha a lot of the aluminum manifolds, so you might be better off using a cast iron manifold. Probably a lot easier to find, too...

Additionally, those OEM Weber carbs for the Pintos, etc. were on 140 cubic inch, 4-cylinder engines (unless it was for a V6) and probably aren't sized correctly for a 225 slant 6. Holley makes a 350 cfm 2bbl that I THINK is based on the Weber design, that would maybe be a better choice.

Dan???
Thanks, I'll look into it

the weber pinto carb does not provide enough accelerator pump shot for a 3.7l slant. figure out the pump capacity and you could have a good carb. If you get an Aluminum intake, check for cracks in the plenum floor, then get the entire thing powdercoated or shot with a high temp epoxy paint to seal up potential porosity. I got a fat crack in my AL one, will get welded up and sealed before the 4bbl holley to spreadbore pad gets bolted/sealed.

-
Back