2bbl to 4bbl transplant.

-

n3w6uy

The Valley Ant
Reaction score
I'll be moving up from a 2bbl stock carb/mani to the edelperf dual plane intake and 4bbl carb on my '70 318ci (provided the weather is in my favor). I'm fairly confient in my common sense, which worries me. Any tips, hints, things to look for?

you will have to modify the kickdown linkage and use a chrysler linkage adapter on your 4-barrel carb. You wouldn't need the linkage adapter if you have a stock chrysler carb like a thermoquad.

I would suggest ditching all of that stuff and using a Lokar kickdown cable and throttle cable with their bracket. Mounts to the carb mounting bolt and is way easier to deal with.

Here's a picture of that setup..my car is 4-speed so it doesn't have a kickdown cable.
100_0804.jpg

You'll need a lot of pipe plugs with the performer manifold as well. Other than that its pretty straight forward.

I'll be moving up from a 2bbl stock carb/mani to the edelperf dual plane intake and 4bbl carb on my '70 318ci (provided the weather is in my favor). I'm fairly confient in my common sense, which worries me. Any tips, hints, things to look for?

Like GoldDuster said, you will need to improvise a kickdown/throttle adapter... The lokar solution works, but might require you to do some bracket fabrication. I went with the Bouchillion route, it works great... couldn't be happier. seems like you could make it work on pretty much any carb / intake you want. I used mine with a modern Edelbrock AVS and an air-gap..

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEtkdc.asp

I got the kickdown kit, and the matching throttle bracket dealy. these peices can be purchased direct or through Mancini!

-j

-
Back