2nd Gen Barracuda Strip/Street Brawler

-
You picked an awesome color, looking forward to the body complete. Planning any trim/scoop/stripes?

You picked an awesome color, looking forward to the body complete. Planning any trim/scoop/stripes?

Thank you. I've had this color combo in my head for a couple of years. It's great to finally see it in person.

It'll have dark maroon red interior, period correct hood, grille header panel, and cowl black out. I think I'll also go with the '68 factory lower door and fender stripe in red. I can't run a Hemi style hood, not tall enough, so I went with a medium aero style scoop set back to the windshield.

Really nice work and I like the color. I will have to keep an eye out for a fast fish on the Superstition next time I am in the east valley!

Or sooner than I thought, lol. I just got these tonight.

Attachments

• Cuda Paint4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 480
  • Cuda Paint5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 477
  • Cuda Paint6.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 463
  • Cuda Paint7.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 467
  • Cuda Paint8.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 460
The underside is done. :glasses7:

Attachments

• Cuda Paint14.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 448
Beautiful car! Where did you get the "face tooth" 2nd. gear and slider? When I bought my 3rd. & 4th Libertys gears said they didn't have it for 2nd. gear.

Beautiful car! Where did you get the "face tooth" 2nd. gear and slider? When I bought my 3rd. & 4th Libertys gears said they didn't have it for 2nd. gear.

Thanks!

I got my parts from Liberty in Feb of 2012. They had just started offering the 1st/2nd gear slider with 2nd face-plated. It also requires a off-set shifter fork, which also pictured. Call Liberty, they have it available now.

Very nice build your doing.I have a 68 fastback from Cali I,m waiting to do,once retired.(never enough time to start now).

Wow, lots of skills involved there!!!! One bad *** ride. If I could only convince myself that retiring well is not important I too could spend that kind of cabbage. That would be awesome. Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see it finished, and 1/4 mile slip.

I brought it home from the painter this morning. After a thorough cleaning, my wife and I mounted the trunk lid and the drivers door. Feels good to finally start assembling after 6+ years. :-D

Attachments

• DSC07239.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC07240.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC07242.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 374
When it starts to look like a car is when it gets exciting! Rock on.

A little progress this weekend. Starting to look like a car again.

Attachments

• DSC07245.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC07244.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 326
Thanks!

I got my parts from Liberty in Feb of 2012. They had just started offering the 1st/2nd gear slider with 2nd face-plated. It also requires a off-set shifter fork, which also pictured. Call Liberty, they have it available now.
Thanks for the info. on the 2nd gear. When I put my car back together I will have to get one. I ran the "pro shift" sliders for years. I think they shift much better than the face plated ones but the face plated ones last ten tines longer. Thanks again and I have to say your car is just AWSOME. I can't wait to see it completed.

I've been dabbling at it when I have time. I have to measure for wheel backspace and get the wheels on order.

Attachments

• DSC07266.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC07270.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC07273.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC07287.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC07290.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC07291.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC07292.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 256
Thank you all for the kind and encouraging comments. I really appreciate them. Keeps me motivated. :D

-
Back