2speed to 3speed wiper changeover

-
You'll need the switch and the wirung.
Good used 3 speed switches with the variable low speed feature are difficult to find.

sure!! pictures are available right here.

the top one is a 2 speed set-up, the bottom is the back side of a the vari wipe switch in a 69 dash.

the bushing used on the vari wiper is different than the 2 speed set-up-- they also said the motor arm to wiper transmission is different-- i did not notice a difference when I installed mine-- but did not look that close. Lawrence

Attachments

• wiperinfo (1) (Large).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 168
  • variwiper (3) (Large).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 164
I could get a pic of a 67 model variable 3 speed switch with push to wash feature.
Only 68 model 2 speed no wash switch I have is in the car.

So it looks like the wiring harness is different ! Not as EZ as just replacing switch.

Yep, unwrap about 16 inches of dash harness. Remove and replace wiring from switch to bulkhead connector.

there is quite a bit of difference-- also the vari motor is year specific--- 67-68 differs from late 68 to early 70 -- then they are more standard after that (3speed). I think you can use any of them-- if you know how to clock them-- but I'm not sure-- this seems to be witch craft on this subject .

the transmissions are different in 67 & 68 they use a different type bushing vs 69 which uses a plastic item, I do not know if the arms are the same-- Lawrence

-
Back