-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
thinking about buying a set of greg weld wheels, found a really good deal
on a set only problem is the front are only 3.5 wide a little worried that
might look funny if anyone has any pics of runners on the front of their car
post pic if u can thanks my car is a 74 dart sport

Keep those wheels on the track, they are too light and only for drag racing. You will waste a lot of money if you run them on the street, they bend pretty easy.

Ive run them on the street there not that bad just have to take your time around corners and watch for potholes.

I've run 3.5 welds on the front my car for over 20 years, mind you i do watch where i drive and avoid pot holes at all costs.
For me - one of the best looking wheels ever.

I would advise against it. Just thinking along the lines of scrub radius, etc.

74duster u got any more pics of your car very nice looking duster

seen a couple of ur other post ,u been to the track with thing yet

my cragars are 3.5 i think.. may be 4" i don't remember. running 165r15 VW tires they rode ok i guess as long as you don't want to really push it in the corners.

darthighdef.jpg

Here are some vintage slotted 15x3 1/2 front runner mags, I also run 15x4 Torque Thrusts on the street. I have vintage bias ply tires on both sets, I think they look WAY better and period correct but they do drive like crap on the hwy. I have some skinny radials for my 15x4's, just haven't put them on yet. Like the others said, don't hit pot holes and don't corner too fast and you will be fine!

Picture 714.jpg

Picture 719.jpg

Picture 726.jpg

Picture 722.jpg

Here are mine. Summit pulsar wheels and bfg's. Working on tubbing the rear of the dart, narrowing the rear and installing 325/65/15 drag radials. I think it looks cool.

fronts.jpg

Dart.jpg

Wheels and tires.jpg

running 165r15 VW tires they rode ok i guess as long as you don't want to really push it in the corners.

At E-Town two months ago I saw a gi-normous late '60's Biscayne big block wagon with a set of those on the front though they looked a little odd in those giant wheel wells. They were Michelin 165SR15 XZX. I plan on getting a set of those when I get around to putting my Fenton Gyro front runners on my car. I imagine they'll look 'correct' and possibly drive a little better than bias plies, especially with radials on the back.

At E-Town two months ago I saw a gi-normous late '60's Biscayne big block wagon with a set of those on the front though they looked a little odd in those giant wheel wells. They were Michelin 165SR15 XZX. I plan on getting a set of those when I get around to putting my Fenton Gyro front runners on my car. I imagine they'll look 'correct' and possibly drive a little better than bias plies, especially with radials on the back.

yea a big car has to look funny with that small of a tire. the dart don't look bad with them. yes the radial skinny drives really ice actually.

I like the pizza cutter look. Its to bad I can't run them. I live on mountain roads and going slow is not an option.

Here's a pic of the wagon with the 165SR15 tires on the front. Looks odd in this application but as Joe said, would look good on a Dart.

Biskit.jpg

I'm running 3.5 w/ 155 80 15 bias ply tires and had no problems. I do watch where I drive but you should be doing that anyway if you care about your car.

CopyofP1000782.jpg

P1000777.jpg

Here's a pic of the wagon with the 165SR15 tires on the front. Looks odd in this application but as Joe said, would look good on a Dart.
I'd be a bit skeered of running that small a tire on that heavy a car. I like tall tires. They cheat the beams and give you a quicker e.t. 8)

-
Back