3,500 mile road trip and met a fabo member

-
Yes mine came yesterday. I opened it up and looked em over. Very nice repops. Already in storage. You can add seat warmers. Heck my 07 GT has seat warmers in it from the factory. 2 settings high, low. Not sure how its integrated into the car, or where the controller is located. Prob integral to the cars BCM. You can buy add on seat warmers to fit almost any car seat.

Glad they came in and yeah they are nice. I've been thinking about doing that-adding the seat warmers to my stock seats. Since it's still early and I'm still collecting parts, I may re-examine the seat selection. We'll see.

Was looking at the repops. They are argent. I guess 50 year old OEM the argent is worn off lol. I may pony up the bucks for black though.

More trip pix. The gigantic HO scale railroad display was Northlandz in Flemington N.J. it recently changed hands and is undergoing lot of renovation and freshening up of the displays. Theres 8 miles of track in this place. Recorded in Guinness book of world records. New Bern, N.C. is the birthplace of Pepsi Cola.

20190722_145035.jpg

20190725_113302.jpg

20190725_114502.jpg

P7243095.jpg

20190728_202924.jpg

20190728_190802.jpg

My brother and I were walking past an old historic site in down town in New Bern. There were a bunch of old gravestones and crypts that the city was not going to move. I told him I love history, and want to read what's on the stones. The first one is a grave of a soldier who participated in the revolutionary war. It's amazing that approx 100 years after that, we would have the war between the states.

20190728_202513.jpg

20190728_202629.jpg

20190728_202620.jpg

This next one, a crypt was harder to read. However upon reading the writing on it, being that I am a history buff, i kinda freaked out. I told my brother the important significance of this tomb was. The man buried there was instrumental in the Declaration of Independence. Apparently he was involved in the writing of the Halifax Declaration on April 12 1776. This was the first action in the colonies calling for independence from England.

20190728_202452.jpg

20190728_202447.jpg

Was looking at the repops. They are argent. I guess 50 year old OEM the argent is worn off lol. I may pony up the bucks for black though.

I thought they were argent, but really hadn't looked as I knew that black trunk panel and S emblem was going on mine, along with the grilles. I even toyed with the idea of painting mine TX9 (Tuxedo Black), black interior, those rims I showed you that are similar to Magnum 500 rims, since on many trucks and cars now, the "blacked out" look is the in thing. I wouldn't paint any chrome like door handles, bumpers, back-up lights, grille surrounds etc., but it'd have a lot of black on her. One of the color combos I'm considering and it would contrast with the Spinnaker white on the Fury. Way different from what I originally envisioned when I started (and always subject to change).

I'm a history buff too and could show you the Olde Town section of Portsmouth that has a church graveyard with a lot of different and interesting graves, houses, businesses, etc. Next trip.

Dan if you should happen to drive out this way for some insane crazy reason, we will have to hit the boneyards out by me, visit with my mopar junkyard buddy who got me into A bodies, and introduced me to this site. Get some good TexMex, and Texas BBQ. Oh, and do some slot car racing on my 4 lane West Texas Motor Speedway. Patrick was only maybe 12 months old in that pic lol. Got an 1/8 Mike drag strip we can visit, or check out the local dirt track.

20131028_180813.jpg

Dan if you should happen to drive out this way for some insane crazy reason, we will have to hit the boneyards out by me, visit with my mopar junkyard buddy who got me into A bodies, and introduced me to this site. Get some good TexMex, and Texas BBQ. Oh, and do some slot car racing on my 4 lane West Texas Motor Speedway. Patrick was only maybe 12 months old in that pic lol. Got an 1/8 Mike drag strip we can visit, or check out the local dirt track.

View attachment 1715372516

That sounds good on the visit (you had me at BBQ, lol). Wish my daughter still lived in Laredo, so I could have visit you hacienda and hers in one trip. Would love to be able to get to a real junkyard again and any kind of racing is cool to watch live, with the exception of my surprise meeting with VA State Police Officer Saturday night, sigh.

You did start Patrick out early, lol.

That sounds good on the visit (you had me at BBQ, lol). Wish my daughter still lived in Laredo, so I could have visit you hacienda and hers in one trip. Would love to be able to get to a real junkyard again and any kind of racing is cool to watch live, with the exception of my surprise meeting with VA State Police Officer Saturday night, sigh.

You did start Patrick out early, lol.

I'm slow at posting photos, because a few members know I'm not into technology very much, which is why I have a 4 year old flip phone. No camera (I can't have one at work), not internet, data-nada. So I use a Kodak digital camera (it's only about 6 or 7 years old), take the pics, take the car out and plug it into my 10 year old desk top computer. I don't own a laptop, tablet, Kindle, I-anything, well you get the idea.
But with all that said, I'm proud to show the gifts Matt gave me. It says a lot, as I know the speaker adapter and .40 cal (fired) valve stem caps took some labor and time to make. They are not store-bought gifts which was all I was able to give him.
I am working on a set of references for him as I have been building. I showed him some of what I had put together and I think he liked it. I said good, because the set you see there is for you. I've been working on it off and on for awhile now.
Pics attached:

Matt's gifts from 7-27-19 visit 001.JPG

Matt's gifts from 7-27-19 visit 002.JPG

Matt's gifts from 7-27-19 visit 003.JPG

Matt's gifts from 7-27-19 visit 004.JPG

Matt's gifts from 7-27-19 visit 005.JPG

Matt's gifts from 7-27-19 visit 006.JPG

Matt's gifts from 7-27-19 visit 007.JPG

Matt's gifts from 7-27-19 visit 008.JPG

What's amazing about the valve stem caps was that years ago, I had made up a bunch of em and tried to sell em on ebay, nobody would bite.

What's amazing about the valve stem caps was that years ago, I had made up a bunch of em and tried to sell em on ebay, nobody would bite.

Maybe you should have posted them on the "bullet"inboard, lol. Sorry, best I could do tonight, brain already going into shut down mode.

-
Back