3.9 Magnum in dart

-
You need to go buy a repair manual. Try getting a chilton or a haynes,either should be under $20. Read it and get familiar with the terms these guys are throwing at you.

You need to go buy a repair manual. Try getting a chilton or a haynes,either should be under $20. Read it and get familiar with the terms these guys are throwing at you.
Yeah, really. You don't know the basics, but you're ready to throw a whole different ball game in there. I guess I'm clueless. You ask questions, but don't seem to understand why the responses are what they are. People with more experience than you answered the questions you ask. Take them for what they are worth. (A lot.)
Go for it. Put a 3.9 in the thing. Jeez.

Yeah, really. You don't know the basics, but you're ready to throw a whole different ball game in there. I guess I'm clueless. You ask questions, but don't seem to understand why the responses are what they are. People with more experience than you answered the questions you ask. Take them for what they are worth. (A lot.)
Go for it. Put a 3.9 in the thing. Jeez.

Someone has a temper...

Someone has a temper...

More like you dont know what your doing,and it seems like you want the people on here to fix your car with magic. Thats not how it works,either get a book and start reading and dig in,or take the car to someone who knows what they are doing. A 26' U haul fully loaded pulling a car trailer gets better mileage than you are getting.:angry2:

More like you dont know what your doing,and it seems like you want the people on here to fix your car with magic. Thats not how it works,either get a book and start reading and dig in,or take the car to someone who knows what they are doing. A 26' U haul fully loaded pulling a car trailer gets better mileage than you are getting.:angry2:

Im sorry that I have not had as much experience with cars as Some of the smarter people on here have. It is my fault that I have owned 3 cars before I was even 16. I know alot of stuff about cars, but I was just seeing if anyone else has done that swap before. Im sorry I want to personalize my car. I am not saying they can just fix my car with magic.
Im just seeing what other peoples opinions are before i tear apart my daily driver. Cant afford to have it down and not be able to get to school and back.

Im sorry that I have not had as much experience with cars as Some of the smarter people on here have. It is my fault that I have owned 3 cars before I was even 16. I know alot of stuff about cars, but I was just seeing if anyone else has done that swap before. Im sorry I want to personalize my car. I am not saying they can just fix my car with magic.
Im just seeing what other peoples opinions are before i tear apart my daily driver. Cant afford to have it down and not be able to get to school and back.

You know a lot of stuff about cars,yet you dont know what a PCV valve is? The "stuff" you know about cars is what? That they go vroom vroom? You want to swap in a motor that is going to take skill to make fit in your car,yet you dont know how to do a basic tune up? You are in wayyy over your head,go back to your video games.

You know a lot of stuff about cars,yet you dont know what a PCV valve is? The "stuff" you know about cars is what? That they go vroom vroom? You want to swap in a motor that is going to take skill to make fit in your car,yet you dont know how to do a basic tune up? You are in wayyy over your head,go back to your video games.

Thats to bad, Because I dont play video games. They are a waste of time. Yea. most cars to go vroom vroom to. But some of them dont. Like my will when I go tear it apart because some stupid person Thinks they know everything and tell you to go do this and that. When thats actually not the problem. I know more than you think I do. But im sorry i dont know everything. Like I said I am only 16. Not A ton of experience (as some people here) with cars. But I do know Alot of stuff about them.

I apologize. I let this thread get the best of me.
Nothing at all wrong with personalizing. A swap of any kind is an enormous undertaking unless you know a good bit of auto mechanics.

I know it is huge, but I was just seeing what is involved with it. I wouldnt be starting right now if I was going to do it anyhow. I was going to wait till summer. But now im not doing it anyhow so. I hope that makes some people happy.

Why Thank You. Thats one of the nicest things someone has called me.
You know you didnt have to post here in the first place, since I wasnt talking about you anyhow.

Someone has a temper…

More like you dont know what your doing,and it seems like you want the people on here to fix your car with magic. Thats not how it works,either get a book and start reading and dig in,or take the car to someone who knows what they are doing. A 26' U haul fully loaded pulling a car trailer gets better mileage than you are getting.

Thats to bad, Because I dont play video games. They are a waste of time. Yea. most cars to go vroom vroom to. But some of them dont. Like my will when I go tear it apart because some stupid person Thinks they know everything and tell you to go do this and that. When thats actually not the problem. I know more than you think I do. But im sorry i dont know everything. Like I said I am only 16. Not A ton of experience (as some people here) with cars. But I do know Alot of stuff about them. I know it is huge, but I was just seeing what is involved with it. I wouldnt be starting right now if I was going to do it anyhow. I was going to wait till summer. But now im not doing it anyhow so. I hope that makes some people happy.

16 yr old douchebag.

Why Thank You. Thats one of the nicest things someone has called me.
You know you didnt have to post here in the first place, since I wasnt talking about you anyhow.

Girls, stop it! You're both pretty!

TD.jpg

picard-headhold.jpg

He's 16, Grinder. What's YOUR excuse? 73_Dart has shown WAY more class than you.

CAN THE MODERATORS PLEASE BAN GRINDER????? PERMANENTLY, THIS TIME????!!!

I'm SICK of reading the feces that spews from Grinder's keyboard. He has nothing positive to
contribute to this forum or the hobby at large, and has no respect for others.

Moderators, how long will this unacceptable behavior be tolerated?

73_Dart, just ignore Grinder like most others do.

He's 16, Grinder. What's YOUR excuse? 73_Dart has shown WAY more class than you.

CAN THE MODERATORS PLEASE BAN GRINDER????? PERMANENTLY, THIS TIME????!!!

I'm SICK of reading the feces that spews from Grinder's keyboard. He has nothing positive to
contribute to this forum or the hobby at large, and has no respect for others.

Moderators, how long will this unacceptable behavior be tolerated?

73_Dart, just ignore Grinder like most others do.

Thank You. I hate when people do stuff like he does.

:stop: glad to hear you dropped the V6 plan, it is a cool idea but would take a LOT of work and money, so not so good for a daily driver, after all who wants there car out of operation all summer? if you focus on making the engine in it run better you should be able to get more power, better fuel mileage, and learn a lot about your car,

guys, if someone posts something you feel is not appropriate please dont quote it, Then I have to edit multiple posts instead of just one.

73_Dart : I apologise for the behaviour of my fellow members :hiding:.

Certainly , there are a lot of esoteric terms in the car realm ; hell , at 41 years old , I still don't know a damned thing ! I'll admit that right-off .

I applaud not only your ambitions , but also your desire to be a part of real cars :thumbrig: .

Here's the full term of the parts I've mentioned :

PCV : Positive Crankcase Ventilator valve . These have been around since 1961 ; truly the first piece of emissions' reduction equipment .

EEC Canister : Evapourative Emissions Canister .
This is the black plastic coffee can looking item that's mounted on the passenger-side ( right-side ) of the engine compartment ; the one with 3 vacuum lines connected at determined places on the canister's top .
These are prone to vacuum leaks , as they crack with age , and-or their hoses wear out .

( Crankcase ) Breather : This is affixed to the right-side
( passenger-side ) of the valve cover , and is connected via a hose to the air cleaner's base .
These can become clogged with oil / carbon , especially when an engine has "Blow-By" ( oil getting-past the piston rings and-or valve seats ) .

There are many knowledgeable , helpful folks around here , whom are quite willing to "share their secrets" with everyone .
Dismiss the mudheads that break balls ; they don't speak for the entirety of us :happy1:

73_Dart : I apologise for the behaviour of my fellow members :hiding:.

Certainly , there are a lot of esoteric terms in the car realm ; hell , at 41 years old , I still don't know a damned thing ! I'll admit that right-off .

I applaud not only your ambitions , but also your desire to be a part of real cars :thumbrig: .

Here's the full term of the parts I've mentioned :

PCV : Positive Crankcase Ventilator valve . These have been around since 1961 ; truly the first piece of emissions' reduction equipment .

EEC Canister : Evapourative Emissions Canister .
This is the black plastic coffee can looking item that's mounted on the passenger-side ( right-side ) of the engine compartment ; the one with 3 vacuum lines connected at determined places on the canister's top .
These are prone to vacuum leaks , as they crack with age , and-or their hoses wear out .

( Crankcase ) Breather : This is affixed to the right-side
( passenger-side ) of the valve cover , and is connected via a hose to the air cleaner's base .
These can become clogged with oil / carbon , especially when an engine has "Blow-By" ( oil getting-past the piston rings and-or valve seats ) .

There are many knowledgeable , helpful folks around here , whom are quite willing to "share their secrets" with everyone .
Dismiss the mudheads that break balls ; they don't speak for the entirety of us :happy1:

Thanks for giving me this information.
I know I need vacuum lines, Because some of them are cracked. but I cant find the exact replacement lines that have the same end as the ones on my car. I will try to get a picture of it.
I dont know if the breather is hooked to the air cleaner or not. I think there is a small portion of hose on it but I cant remember if it goes to the air cleaner or not.
I will look at the canister hopefully tomorrow.

"duh" on my part !
I totally spaced on the fact that your Dart has a Slant Six in it ; I mentioned that the breather was on the right-side , as in V8 .
None-the-less ...
The breather's , the PCV's , and the EEC's functions are the same , regardless of "G" , "RG" , "LA" , "B" or "RB" motor ...

The hoses that go into the vacuum amplifier, You cant get anymore with the same end on them. At least that I have found. If you know where to get them, let me know. I really need to redo the vacuum hoses.
I would also like to find a super six set up to put on it. Instead of rebuilding my carb.

-
Back