3 hole spool style Hemi mount

-
I have an early truck front cover if you need one.I'll get a photo up soon.

It all fits if you stand and scratch your head long enough! 5.7 car Hemi in a 70 Duster with a V8 spool mount k frame. I cut the TTI drivers side mount apart, moved the spool saddle back on the k frame....and there's room for headers, AC compressor, and probably a Borgeson PS box.

View attachment 1715376150 View attachment 1715376150 View attachment 1715376151 View attachment 1715376152

Im gunna try to try to get my ac compressor how you did, but with the biscuit mounts.... looks like if i move mount back about 2" right to steering box, it will give compressor just enough room.... when i do it, ill post it up...but right now its so close to runnin!
Ill pull it out maybe next winter

Thank you for your info, its doable!

An LS aftermarket motor mount is a good starting point if you need to fab a mount. They are used on Crate CT525 LS motors used in oval track cars. Direct bolt on to the block.

Last edited:
46679000_L_349c885d-55d3-45d8-8306-ebbef032f549.jpg

Ill have to look in to that as a goods starting point
Thank you
These cars usually have similar motor mounts...a 1" diameter tube with a nut welded inside one end. That's where the bolt goes from the engine mount.

Fab some smaller tubing to triangulate the mount. I like to use 32-48 Ford donut mounts. They go between the engine mount and the frame mount. Just take a good look at the mount on this dirt car chassis and you may be able to figure it out.

Just like anything else if you stare at it long enough you can figure out how to make it work!
BRAND_NEW_2018_Mastersbilt_Smackdown_Dirt_Late_Model_Chassis_Imca_Race_Car_01_rui.jpg

-
Back