3 phase washing machine motor?

-
My guess is it has the windings in it be ran a variety of ways, 110v, 220v clockwise, counter clockwise

Depending on what you want you change where the wires on the plug go and your set
(At least I seem to remember Dayton electric motors being like that)

Does not look like a typo

Three Phaze.jpg

They must have a small inverter to convert from single phase to 3 phase. It would be good for speed control and soft starting then.

Cley

They must have a small inverter to convert from single phase to 3 phase. It would be good for speed control and soft starting then.

Cley
I didn't read up when I ok'd Tek's posts but I don't think they use 400 volt/3 phase

The photo of the motor shows 120v 3 phase which is not a common voltage out of a transformer but could be had from and inverter. That overseas electronic crap is so cheap now, it's amazing what is being done.

Cley

what HP is this 3 phase motor (1/3HP?) If I can speed control it with the washers electronics, maybe it would be a good shop motor.

Last edited:
You would either adapt the washer electronics to do what you wanted them to do or come up with another inverter drive. I doubt the electronics are adaptable. But maybe!

Cley

-
Back