30-50

-

Thrashard340

Reaction score
Hey since have "under 18", "under 30", "over 50", & 55+, let's just fill in the blanks here. How many between 30 & 50 years old?

I'm 33 and went through high school when 5.0 Mustangs, IROC Camaros were the cool thing to have and the GMC Syclone was the fastest vehicle out. Mopars were cheaper than Chevys and Fords then too.

On my way out of this group. When I went to high school in the early and mid 70's, muscle cars were on the way out because of the gas prices and they could be bought cheap, sadly I didn't have a clue what was going to happen in the future or I would have some hemi cars in the garage :sad:
A friends brother bought a 68 hemi Charger and later sold it for $2600, it's enough to make me cry :cry:

Well 47 here. When I graguated from high school the crapy late 70's cars were out. Although in high school I had a 70 340 plum crazy (in violet) Duster, I don't think it had an option except the 340. But then I must have lost my mind I traded it in for a 79 2dr 360 volare'.
I think I must of owned over 100 cars since then I can't even keep track of them, heck I can't even keep track of the ones I own now!

35, learned to drive on a 78 Dodge Monaco with a transplanted 400 with a way to big cam and high manifold that stuck through the hood, bomb can black with an L-88 hood scoop. I still cringe at the thought of ever driving it, but there sure are a lot of good memories. 2nd car was a 69 dart gt, black top, black interior, black tail stripe. Used to run 340 with MP 509 cam and open headers, the cops would give me the thumbs up to light the tires when they saw me. Spotless clean car from the south, sold it while serving in the gulf war the first time around.

I am on the way out too,at 48 I am going just as fast as ever,and no signs of slowing down,unless their are some cold beers and some young ladies,that have mopars ,mrmopartech

just turned 43. been married 20 years this memorial day. 2 kids , 13 the other is 9. first car was a 72 thunderbird /460. sweet ride. then i got into muscle cars with a 69 ss 396 4-speed chevelle in 1980 for $1300 dollars. didn't even know how to drive a 4-speed when i bought it. oh and it had manual steering as well! never driven a manual steer car before either. can we say culture shock :toothy7: ahh those were the days ......

48 soon to be 49 all the girl's say I am sooo fine. :toothy7:

But my wife say's that's in my own mind. :lol:

36 here, drove a 66 chrysler 300 2dr 383 4brl, oldest and biggest car at school, learned how to drive on a dunebuggy, in all weather and air.

44 here, feels like 84 most mornings! Learned to drive on Japanese stuff, while my older brother went through a '69 Roadrunner, '67 Coronet R/T, and a '69 Barracuda. I didn't have a clue. :sad:

32. have always had the same mopar since 15. 66 valiant

46 here 3 kids 22,20,14 and 1 lovely wife

-
Back