308 head casting...

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I did a quick video to just "touch" on the 308 head.
When I said "best flowing exhaust", I meant what came factory on a LA small block.

all the 308 heads are cracked in the same spots I have seen it doesent seem to hurt them and the can be made to make power .I know a guy that makes over 500 hp with them and not dyno hp
10.94 at 124 in a all steel full interior 73 cuda .3.31 stroke .

all the 308 heads are cracked in the same spots I have seen it doesent seem to hurt them and the can be made to make power .I know a guy that makes over 500 hp with them and not dyno hp
10.94 at 124 in a all steel full interior 73 cuda .3.31 stroke .
This motor ran fantastic with the cracked heads. In fact, I thought this set may not be cracked, but guess what.....
Just curious, when you (or people you know personally) find them cracked do you run them anyways? I'm asking to put this out for those that may want to learn. I want "others" experience/knowledge so folks that don't know can make an educated decision from a few perspectives on "what if they should find their 308's cracked". Thanks

2017-09-06 12.36.16.jpg
I have heavily modified 308's on my AMT performance
414 , they flow almost 290cfm with a 650 lift cam. Best of 10.46 @127 they definitely can be made to work.

Last edited:
good to see this. just in process of cleaning up a set of 308s,gonna go check for cracks right now

They're great heads. I've got a set on a 422" at a "stage II" level with 2.05/1.65 that makes 480hp based on weight and MPH. 9.8:1, hydraulic flat tappet with .510 lift at the valve.

Nice to see some pretty big horsepower units being posted here using Mopar Iron heads...... instead of edelbrock/EQ's.
  • Please.... I'm not suggesting or promoting these over eddies/EQ's. I just like the conversation and some really good post so far in this thread. Thanks to all for sharing

-
Back