31 year Garage Find Shelby GT 500 Mysteriously Appears!

-
cool find but Carol Shelbys death is gonna rape that turd to a high dollar amount almost like watchin barret jackson at a junkyard neat shelby though

In the mid nineties I did some telecom work for a guy in here in Colorado who worked out of home. At the time, I would say he was in his mid 50's. After I finished up, the conversation turned to cars and he said "let's go the garage, I want to show you something..." Sure enough, a damn near mint (makes the e-bay car look like a turd in a butt sandwich) Shelby GT500. He explained that he bought it new, it's never been crashed and has less than 40K on the clock.

They are out there and this is the last place anyone would look (Montbello for those that live here). I'm sure he could sell that car and buy a nice peice of property in the mountains.....

Carroll Shelby was also an opportunist.
He took advantage of every chance he could for publicity and selling his products over the years to autographing every car at Barrett Jackson that he could get his hands on. He may have been doing what he wanted and what made him happy, but you can't deny the fact that he made bucket loads of cash just from his name alone.
I'm not bashing him for this, but let's keep this in perspective. He was a great marketing entrepreneur, and so is the person selling this car.
He might even get more money for it if he published the fact that this is a rare ''unsigned'' Shelby!

Really? That's news to me.
Dallas

LMAO! I remember the adverts with CS talking about what he did for and with Chrysler. Yeah man, let's make SS a mod. :happy1:

And by the way, for all the jealous chicks bitching and whining about him using his name to make money...

Chrysler and Dodge were someones name. It's the American way. And another thought..... you think he got paid for those sigs on the guys that busted their *** building there Ford? I'm damn sure he's been more worried about his kids and grandchildren than himself in his later years. He was taken out of racing due to heart problems in the early 60's. Don't forget he was instrumental in Ford beating Ferrari with the GT... lots of history there.........

I think that was damn nice of him to do that for NOTHING! I have a T-shirt signed by Big Daddy himself courtesy of Pfogel, and I treasure that. Mr. Fogel told him I was going through bad times and he did it for nothing, zip, zero, nothing. Thank Goodness I never had to sell it, but does that make Don Garlits a bad person? HELL NO!

What about Milodon, Edelbrock, Holley, Erson, Crower, Lunati, Keith Black, etc. These are all real people and made their name for a reason. Opportunist my ***, would you prefer we call all American car manufactures number 1 2 or 3, so no name was used?

Rant over. :cheers:

-
Back