vilken bil

• dodge

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • dart

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
-
CAM

this cam rumblefish suggested with 1.6 rocker arms.

Voodoo Hydraulic Flat Tappet Cam - Chrysler 273-360 268/276 - Lunati Power

VALVES

Have your stock intake valves back cut.

COMPRESSION

unless you milled the bejesus out of your heads and zero decked your block, you have around 9.0 compression at the most . it will run MUCH better if you get it up to around 10.0 and will be helpful if you can get your quench to between .034" and .043".

CARBURETOR

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qft-ss-650-an/overview/

MUFFLERS

the most obnoxious mufflers available are the flowmaster series 10 single baffle

Last edited:
Well I for one like the sound of your mopar. I would just crank the idle speed down some.
But I just gotta say; swapping in a bigger cam for the sound? Um that might not be such a great idea. If the car doesn't go as quick as the sound implies, then you have built a poser, and will get no respect. If it does go as it sounds like it might, then you have built a race car, and they don't do so good around town. If you build a snappy streeter with something like a 220 to 230* cam(050s), then it won't sound like much, but if well thought out and matched, will accelerate like the proverbially scalded cat from zero to the speed-limit, or 65 here in Canada! Yours sounds to me like it can do that right now?

As aj/forms said the longer duration of a cam you install it will give the "choppy" idling your after. BUT with nothing else changed to work with it (I.e. looser converter, steeper rear gearing & carb mods) I can promise it will be slower off the line than it is now to be brutally honest. Been there with my old low compression 318!

-
Back