318 carb?

-
A 600 covers dead stock to a decently upgraded 318. And what I would use and have done.

A 500 would cover a dead stock engine with headers and a VERY mild cam.
The smaller 500 would have less potential and ceiling (RPM) to the performance aspect. Though throttle response would be awesome as well as getting the best mileage.

As a side note, the more info you provide the better info/answer you get in return.

A Holley 600 vacuum secondary or a Edelbrock AVS thunder series is what your after.

I used a eddy 1406 carb for years on a 318 for a daily driver....

If you are using a stock torque converter with a low stall speed like the one in my '89 D100,
you would be better off with a 390 cfm vac. sec.

The 600-650 cfm Eddy will occupy the space. Really need more info like compression ratio and cam for starters. If the car has an automatic tranny, definitely consider a carb with an air valve secondary (AVS, sometimes called a vacuum operated secondary). A smaller carb will give you better throttle response but will tend to restrict power output at the top end of the rev range.

850 thermoqaud off a 74 440 worked great on my 318 back in the day , got great gas mileage as well . of course headers intake and heads helped

hadnt thought about putting up details. its a fully stock 318, will have headers and exhaust.

I used a Weiand action plus intake and a 600 eddy, and loved it. Gobs of bottom end punch, and this set up will allow for head and cam work in the future without upgrading the carb/intake

-
Back