318 head thoughts....

-
If you don't mind or care about cruisin rpm
More gear is gonna make a big difference.
Eg... take a engine with 400 lb ft of torque and a 4:1 rear gear that equals 1600lbs ft of torque to be divided between the rear tires (4×400=1600) with 3:1 the engine would need an extra 133 lbs ft to have equal power (3×533=1600)

Mopar j I'm running very similar engine specs as yours,cam as i run the 268 solid,Zero decked block with kbs 167s as i run the EQ mag heads bowl ported with the Crane 1.6 Gold rollers, Mopar Performance S/S Valves Eddy performer Gasket Match ported and runners, 3.55 rear,Hei Dizzy recurved,Vac advance plugged. 17 initial 35 max.Very quick and responsive.Run same stall as yours custom converter for my setup with a tricked up A904.idles 750 in gear with a light lope,easy in traffic but with performance on the go when needed...

Mopar j I'm running very similar engine specs as yours,cam as i run the 268 solid,Zero decked block with kbs 167s as i run the EQ mag heads bowl ported with the Crane 1.6 Gold rollers, Mopar Performance S/S Valves Eddy performer Gasket Match ported and runners, 3.55 rear,Hei Dizzy recurved,Vac advance plugged. 17 initial 35 max.Very quick and responsive.Run same stall as yours custom converter for my setup with a tricked up A904.idles 750 in gear with a light lope,easy in traffic but with performance on the go when needed...

I bet that's a snappy little joker. You got some video?

3-3.5K rpm is a lot on the hwy. You will not like it if you go far for a meet. Though the gain will be a good bit. I myself like a good street light to light runner. 4.10's on a 26 - 27 inch tire is about 3500 on the hwy. @ 60-65 mph. I use this combo in my '73 Cuda.

or swap to magnums and don't even worry about port work,mod your intake and go fast,,,,

-
Back