318 MRL Stroker

-

stingerdart1972

Reaction score
Hey,
Hopefully I can get some answers for a few parts I have questions about for the 318 Stroker motor I purchased from MRL Preformance.

Need to know if I can use a mechanical fuel pump ? It came with a block off plate, not sure if that was just for shipping.

If so what fuel pump recommended ?

Hey,
Hopefully I can get some answers for a few parts I have questions about for the 318 Stroker motor I purchased from MRL Preformance.

Need to know if I can use a mechanical fuel pump ? It came with a block off plate, not sure if that was just for shipping.

I would ask the builder of the engine

Hey,

Have you asked mike up at MRL? You'll need to know what cam is in it, some roller cams dont have the lobe for the fuel pump.

Have you asked mike up at MRL? You'll need to know what cam is in it, some roller cams dont have the lobe for the fuel pump.

Hello all. I have a 318 Mini stroker we just finished. Its basically a 318 with a 360 crank. Stock Magnum heads, reconditioned with some Minor work done. I used an old school MP flat tappet cam 260/268 duration. Dual plane Air Gap style intake with a Proform 600 mech carb. FBO ignition system. 9 to 1 compression, runs great on 87 fuel.

Idles smooth with 18in of vacuum.

Made 356hp and get this 426tq!
Its a pretty basic build and will make a great Cruiser. Low maint and should last for a very long time.

Asking $4500, complete from carb to oil pan, ready to rock and roll.
mrl-318-cc-jpg.jpg
mrl-318-cc-2-jpg.jpg

In MOPAR GENERAL DISCUSSION:
There's a post on MRL that he has closed his doors...

Im lucky have one of the last Motors shipped out

There was no build sheet with the motor, just recommended oil, timing, thermostat and vacuum advance info.

I'm going to need some questions

Here's info on the motor posted above:

It SHOULD have a fuel pump eccentric in it, remove block off plate and look.

Hello all. I have a 318 Mini stroker we just finished. Its basically a 318 with a 360 crank. Stock Magnum heads, reconditioned with some Minor work done. I used an old school MP flat tappet cam 260/268 duration. Dual plane Air Gap style intake with a Proform 600 mech carb. FBO ignition system. 9 to 1 compression, runs great on 87 fuel.

Idles smooth with 18in of vacuum.

Made 356hp and get this 426tq!
Its a pretty basic build and will make a great Cruiser. Low maint and should last for a very long time.

Asking $4500, complete from carb to oil pan, ready to rock and roll. View attachment 1715061274View attachment 1715061275

In MOPAR GENERAL DISCUSSION:
There's a post on MRL that he has closed his doors...

Im lucky have one of the last Motors shipped out

There was no build sheet with the motor, just recommended oil, timing, thermostat and vacuum advance info.

I'm going to need some questions

Here's info on the motor posted above:
I did not see that. I hate hearing that, he built some great stuff. And a good guy to boot!

Just remove the block off plate, should be a eccentric in there, and for general street use, I find a std parts store replacement pump to work just fine.

I'm running a 4 speed
3:55 gear in a 489 8 3/4
And will be getting 15x7 rallye wheels 255/15 tires

I got a external balanced flywheel as Mike suggested, I wanted a centerforce but no one not even centerforce had one in stock, it was weeks out

I talked to Mike in depth about the motor. I almost bought it. Wish I had. Yes you can use mechanical fuel pump and even 5/16 lines. If you wish per our conversation. Good luck with it. It will be an awesome motor.

I talked to Mike in depth about the motor. I almost bought it. Wish I had. Yes you can use mechanical fuel pump and even 5/16 lines. If you wish per our conversation. Good luck with it. It will be an awesome motor.

Your help will be much appreciated

Thank you

If it helps, just think of it this way. All it is is a smaller cubic inch version of a 360, lacking the roller cam, and with magnum heads.

tried a few different auto supplies mech pumps , ended up with a summit carter hi-perf # m6270 . same one mopar use to sell . and it had 1/4 pipe threads for your brass fittings , no more soldered fitting n hose barb . and its screwed together not crimped .

He used a 360 crank bored it .090 over. It's a '67 block.
Are you sure on that? Reason I ask, was I remember him posting about building it, he was talking about milling the tops and bottoms of pistons... if it's 4" bore, none of that would have been necessary. It would at .090 over, just a 360 with thinner cylinder walls..

Are you sure on that? Reason I ask, was I remember him posting about building it, he was talking about milling the tops and bottoms of pistons... if it's 4" bore, none of that would have been necessary. It would at .090 over, just a 360 with thinner cylinder walls..
Am I sure on the .090 over or the crank.

-
Back