318 Pie Pan?

-

APK

Reaction score
The engine on my 1972 Dodge Dart is nothing special but just a 318 2-Barrel. But I thought that if I could add a pie pan on the air cleaner just to give a different look. I know a could put a 318 decal, but I like the pie pan method better. I have looked on the web but have not found any with just 318, except with Four Barrel. Does anyone know of a such an item?

Thanks for your response in advance.

That is a good buy it now price. They retail for approx $40.

Is there any FABO member that does this type of repainting work?

Attachments

• 318PiePan.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 836
I don't know which air cleaner you have but some won't accept a pie tin....the shape is different.

ya pretty sure you will need the black/chrome unsilenced air cleaner that accpets the pie tin

Just to confirm, the 318 Four Barrel pie pan I received today will not fit (too big) my 318 2-Barrel air cleaner...so moving on.

Next Project... Mopar retro battery.

Just to confirm, the 318 Four Barrel pie pan I received today will not fit (too big) my 318 2-Barrel air cleaner...so moving on.

Next Project... Mopar retro battery.

Use the Air Cleaner from a 1970's 360 2-Barrel truck, a pie tin/pan will fit one of those.

As a matter a fact, this air cleaner started life as a Single Snorkel 360 2BBL piece that I modified to a Dual Snorkel (and welded in a 4BBL base opening to fit a TQ) and then added a 340 Pie Tin to it (fits perfectly)

S5000452-1.jpg

It came from a 1975 Dodge W100 with a 360, I'm not sure, but I believe the car 360's used the same pan and base too. I'd have to go measure my air cleaner, but all "pie pan/tin" air cleaners are 19" in diameter (or maybe it's 21"?) I have one laying in the back of my truck, i'll measure it when it gets light enough out that i can see to root through the stuff in the bed.

None I've ever seen. Depending on which carb you're using, you might be able to use an earlier dual snorkle from an AFB. They have a smaller diameter air horn and will fit the Holley 360 2bbls and earlier big 2bbl Carters that came on the 383's. I don't know of any that will fit on a Carter BBD though.

-
Back