318 rebuild coming along

-

scottsman

Reaction score
sorry been busy,
update on 1966 dodge dart gt , 318 is in after a fight with mounts and brackets . guys do the right thing and just buy the schumacker mounts. number two a 904 rebuilt transmission mounted on a 318 fits perfect in the dart. changed the brakes from single master to dual master, don't want to die . put 10" drums on front . to stop . all new front stearing done. still looking for rubber gromits on stearing shaft. got to go i'll get back to you with pics

sorry been busy,
update on 1966 dodge dart gt , 318 is in after a fight with mounts and brackets . guys do the right thing and just buy the schumacker mounts. number two a 904 rebuilt transmission mounted on a 318 fits perfect in the dart. changed the brakes from single master to dual master, don't want to die . put 10" drums on front . to stop . all new front stearing done. still looking for rubber gromits on stearing shaft. got to go i'll get back to you with pics

Pics? What headers/manifold did you go with? I'm getting my first '66 on Sunday and am getting a 318 to drop in it.

... just buy the schumacker mounts ...
Wouldn't factory V-8 early-A engine mounts fit fine on a 318? But not easy to find.

Do you mean the cover for the lower part of the steering tube? My 1964 Valiant has one. Amazing it was still there (if original). In my 1965 Dart, I made my own by RTV'ing 2 acrylic disks as a rotating seal. Another guy here posted nice photos of a custom bearing design.

have tried several (original) mounts always too short .i'm just going buy what people sold me saying this is the one . anyway there is a guy i know that will cut me the bushings for stearing out of nylon since i posted this . will send pictures just working on pedal and i will start it
Wouldn't factory V-8 early-A engine mounts fit fine on a 318? But not easy to find.

Do you mean the cover for the lower part of the steering tube? My 1964 Valiant has one. Amazing it was still there (if original). In my 1965 Dart, I made my own by RTV'ing 2 acrylic disks as a rotating seal. Another guy here posted nice photos of a custom bearing design.

-
Back