318 refresh

-
Holy Cow! Mopar guys are the same everywhere! But will he bring the beer and help you hide a body? That's when the real Mopar guys show themselves.
What was said about the ridge is true , it won't interfere with the new rings, it can just make it a pain to get the pistons in. Check and see if he has a piston ring groove cleaner too. Bet he does. And a ring compressor. And a torque wrench. Better yet load up the motor and go to his house so he doesn't have to carry that heavy beer so far.:burnout:

Okay jeeez you ask a lot , first bringing the beer and hiding the body are what I bring to the dance , second yes he left the ring groove tool , ring compressor and even a nifty ring spreader plier with me , I have a good torque wrench but don't have a hoist to load the motor up to take it to his place plus then I would just have to haul it home again and he wouldn't have an excuse to escape from his place would he ?

......Darn bad luck......Well its a great story..........the rodeo was awesome again this year...............kim..........

Like I said last year , what fun is just driving back and forth with nothing happening ? Life is in the journey not the destination . Keep your stick on the ice and I might just show up on your doorstep yet this year , I'm not sure where the work situation is going to send me yet .

PS if you have any pics of Steve drunk in a lawnchair or standing in a field with his thumb up his butt I could sure use one eh , I owe him a Tshirt .

PS if you have any pics of Steve drunk in a lawnchair or standing in a field with his thumb up his butt I could sure use one eh , I owe him a Tshirt .

Which Steve are you talking about?

Did you hear about the grasshopper that went into a bar. The bar tender came up and said, "we have a drink named after you."

The grasshopper said, "That's great, then I'll have a Steve...." LOL!

Like I said last year , what fun is just driving back and forth with nothing happening ? Life is in the journey not the destination . Keep your stick on the ice and I might just show up on your doorstep yet this year , I'm not sure where the work situation is going to send me yet .

...................Keep on keeping on.......u wouldn't be able to survive the snow and cold...lol.............no pics, he wouldn't even come to the lake 1 time.........kim.......

...................Keep on keeping on.......u wouldn't be able to survive the snow and cold...lol.............no pics, he wouldn't even come to the lake 1 time.........kim.......

I come from the land of the Ice and Snow , It's not going to be up to me it's up to the Onion where I go , good to feel welcome tho.

Now back to the topic , after a brief visit from my favorite Mopar Mechanic I commenced the re-assembly of the short block , well after a couple of OCD hours the pistons are in and torqued , the heads are on and torqued , the cam swap is done and the lifters , pushrods and rocker gear is all done as well , tomorrow the intake , oil pan , timing cover and presto it's ready to swap and fire , now if the darn car would only show up .......

not sure about putting the "stock" cam back in , anybody got any thoughts on the h260 from comp cams ? wondering if it's too much for the 318 heads , the parts shop brought it in by mistake so I took it knowing I can return it if I don't open it .

"Keep your stick on the ice " I like that, and it's almost time......'nother couple of weeks! Then a real mans sport happens. LOL

HOCKEY!

not sure about putting the "stock" cam back in , anybody got any thoughts on the h260 from comp cams ? wondering if it's too much for the 318 heads , the parts shop brought it in by mistake so I took it knowing I can return it if I don't open it .

I have one in my 318, it's got a lot of mid range torque. I wish it was a little stronger on the bottom end but I have a 360 ready to drop in this winter. The 260H would be a mean set up with 3:55's in the rear!

I have one in my 318, it's got a lot of mid range torque. I wish it was a little stronger on the bottom end but I have a 360 ready to drop in this winter. The 260H would be a mean set up with 3:55's in the rear!

I pulled the XE268 out it was going to be too much for the 318 heads I was told which is why I had 360 heads on it with that cam , I never really liked the way the car drove or idled with that setup , I've got 3:23's out back and have just gone to 275/60/15's so that's almost like a stock 2:76 eh !Either way it is probably only temp anyway , the 410 is due for a refresh and will probably go back in when it's done .

-
Back