$34,000 '63 Valiant....

-
A car I wouldn't mind having at all. The person who built it did a very nice job. Very simple & clean, not showy.

Nicely done, someone may pay that, but I'm not sure it's worth that money.

“Acquired in mid 2022.”

A lot of work for a short time period. Like said above: very clean and simple.
I’m impressed. Worth the money as a fun car. If you have that kind of money sitting around. That is an affordable toy for the guy just getting into collecting and looking for a new hobby to stuff money into.
Let s face it, stock market is no doing well.

That is what I thought too... it should have been like new top and bottom.
Have you ever properly restored a car lately? The restoration cost more than that unless they had parts laying around. A half way decent paint job is $10k if sent out. I agree with something’s- like the radiator cap was a poor choice. But it’s simple and functional.

Have you ever properly restored a car lately? The restoration cost more than that unless they had parts laying around. A half way decent paint job is $10k if sent out. I agree with something’s- like the radiator cap was a poor choice. But it’s simple and functional.

Yup... it use to be about $25k in parts to fully restore a MOPAR... this one is coming in at around $35k because of the 30% increase of everything. I do my own paint. I never expect an A Body full restoration to be a profitable event, I do it because I love the car. This could be the beginning of A Bodies getting expensive because B Bodies have gone out of the price range of many people.

IMG_6281.jpeg

Hell it doesn't even have a radio.
A radio ? What's that ?
If you have that kind of money sitting around.
If I had that kind of money sitting around, I would buy something like that.
But it would have to be something that I really wanted.
Prices continue to rise on everything automotive. OK EVERYTHING IN GENERAL.
There are days I wish I had my 63 back.

I seem to recall all of the cool posts here of people doing restorations and/or just builds of their cars and many of the comments congratulating and wishing that their own cars were that far along or even at the starting point. It got me to thinking that if the majority here had 34k to throw around they'd finish their own projects rather than buy that car.

‘63 Valiant is one of my favorite Mopars, but damn that’s a lot of coin for an early A that’s not a Commando/Formula S.

Looks solid underneath, but for that money I did expect that it would be cleaner, even if not a full rotisserie resto.

Yup... it use to be about $25k in parts to fully restore a MOPAR... this one is coming in at around $35k because of the 30% increase of everything. I do my own paint. I never expect an A Body full restoration to be a profitable event, I do it because I love the car. This could be the beginning of A Bodies getting expensive because B Bodies have gone out of the price range of many people.

View attachment 1716191045
WOW! I love your A100 ! That is exactly how I envisioned doing one . Color and wheels are perfect. I will have to look for your build thread .

30k is where decent B bodies use to be priced at. Someone is watching too much Mecum.

Many of you might remember the 68 GTS I restored a little over 10 years ago. When I finished I sat down and crunched the numbers. I had 30k in the car. A lot of the work was done with the help of a buddy who owned a resto shop. If I were to do that resto today I’m sure it would of been in the 60-65krange

68 GTS Resto

Last edited:
The dollars pile up quickly when building a car, no matter what it is. Once I got my bracket car running for the first time, I totaled up what I had in it. Now mind you that was about 10 years ago. I had over 30K in the car then, as I added things to go faster and be safer it added to the bottom line. I haven't added anything up in quite a while because I really "don't" want to know how much I've invested. Some of the members here who have built a car from the ground up have that much money and more in them.

Damn, that's way more than I would've put it at. I guess all it takes is two people who want the car to drive the auction price that high.

-
Back