340 6 pack intake with carb linkage what it worth????

-

foxmopar585

Reaction score
HI A guy came in to my shop today with one ask me to buy it stock manifold carbs fuel lines linkage can any one tell me what to offer thanks steve

Whatever it's worth to you... $500 and up? Dates, numbers, complete or not all make a difference. If I wasn't shopping for onr I wouldn't look to pay much for it.

clearaty please, is it just the manifold and linkage if so 350 - 500
complete original T/A intake with linkage and 3 carbs , I see people asking 1500.00
which is only 500 shy of buying it all new. (over priced)Carbs new are 500 each , intake replacement nos 350.00 - 450.00 Cheers
I am sure others will chim in with outragous fabbo prices too. LOL

THE itake has factor linkage carb intake is edelbrock stamped mopar I think I can get for 900.00 what do you think thanks steve

$900 seems good if it's complete and clean. I think the new holley replacement carbs alone are about $1,300.

Edelbrock made the intake for Chrysler, it should also have a Chrysler part number on it. I've seen them go as high as $2000. But like the others say, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

If you can get it for $900 you have done good. But the carbs will probably need rebuilt and the air cleaner and filter will cost around $400. You will probably end up with close to $1500 in it to get it useable. Just food for thought.

i paid 800 for my setup and rebuilt the carbs on my own for 100 bucks (if i remember correctly)holley renew kit 3-396 (will need 3)

lots of patience and bought the holley carb rebuild book

also had to get some new jets (unless you already have them) I picked up the kit at a swap meet.

carb cleaner.

I say i may have close to $1000 to $1100 into refurbishing my six pack at the moment.

jegs lists the carbs for a small block at 1800 for all three plus the manifold

Be vewwwy, vewwy caweful! (In my best Elmer Fudd voice)
Before you drop a dime, make SURE the carbs are the right ones. Many people are missing one or more original 340 six-pak carbs and substitute a big block 6-pak carb. Different carbs, different numbers. Also, back in the '70's there were a lot of shade-tree mechanics that loved to screw with things such as jetting, soldering bleed holes shut, changing or stretching carb diaphragm springs...the list goes on. If it's truly unmolested 9 bills would be a good deal, anticipating that you're gonna have to go through all three carbs and make sure they meet stock specs. Now that Summit and others sell complete setups (albeit for stupid-high prices) if you really have a jones for a 6-pak it might be better to bite the bullet, pay the piper, and start with new equipment. If you can verify they are unmolested you should do OK.

6-pac
My neighbor has one each AAR, and a TA sitting side by side in the woods, trees are at least 20' above them.
Complete, nothing taken off cars, old eccentric 70's hippy dude.
Dont give a **** about them, only cares about his Cuda big block cars (20+) he has in storage, (nice cars).
This guy has stacks of shaker hoods, 340's laying in his yard outside, and dont give a crap because he collected this all his life and will not sell anything.
He once told me that small block cars were part cars for his big block cars.........

6-pac
My neighbor has one each AAR, and a TA sitting side by side in the woods, trees are at least 20' above them.
Complete, nothing taken off cars, old eccentric 70's hippy dude.
Dont give a **** about them, only cares about his Cuda big block cars (20+) he has in storage, (nice cars).
This guy has stacks of shaker hoods, 340's laying in his yard outside, and dont give a crap because he collected this all his life and will not sell anything.
He once told me that small block cars were part cars for his big block cars.........

I bet he thinks he's going to live forever. LOL

Makes you shake your head. Almost like they get off knowing how bad people want to buy them and restore them. Head cases. Once they rot away mopar isnt going to make any new ones.

-
Back