340 6 Pak intake

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is a MOPAR new old stock aluminum 6pak intake worth ? I ran across one new in the box, don't want to over pay for it !
TIA !

Paid 700 for a used original 340 T/A production car one with a chipped carb bolt hole pedestal.

If it’s under $1700 for a NOS factory one I would say you might want to consider it.

If it’s just a NIB reproduction I would say $1300

New old stock is a pretty rare find for small block six pack manifold for sure. I guess it depends on how bad you want it I would say a Mopar marked manifold would bring 750 to 850 and a little bit more for Edelbrock reproduction .

I would say $1200-1500.
Is there a difference between a factory 6 pack vs Edelbrock aftermarket?
Mainly to a ta Challenger for AAR cuda restorer or a little bragging rights saying it was an original TA manifold, no real other difference other than the way that the manifold is numbered . All of the six pack manifolds are equal in performance and design.

Last edited:
I would say $1200-1500.

From 2018 @brian6pac

O.K. the 3418681 is O.E., the one with the LD6B is over the counter Edelbrock that anyone could buy, the 3418682 was a after market one that Edelbrock made but only a few and went back to the 81 part #. Not sure what that was all about but I have only seen about 3 of them.

Thanks KO there is a difference though, so to me a true NOS in the box 6pack intake from the factory is worth more.
Mainly to a ta Challenger for AAR cuda restorer or a little bragging rights saying it was an original TA manifold, no real other difference other than the way that the manifold is numbered . All of the six pack manifolds are equal in performance and design.

Let me rephrase this. The intake is new , unused in the box. Has MOPAR cast on it. I don't think it is an original TA part.

Let me rephrase this. The intake is new , unused in the box. Has MOPAR cast on it. I don't think it is an original TA part.

Here's the Mopar Repro part# to identify it, came out in early 2000's . Still very desirable especially NIB.
Six Pack Intake Manifold (Small Block Chyrsler) (MP4529054)

Last edited:
I would say $1200-1500.

Thanks KO there is a difference though, so to me a true NOS in the box 6pack intake from the factory is worth more.
Only the lettering and/or numbers cast into it. Later year units came over machined in areas. Pic below.
No, it’s not. OEM doesn’t have “MOPAR” cast into it, or more correctly, embossed.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

3418682 was a after market one that Edelbrock made but only a few and went back to the 81 part #. Not sure what that was all about but I have only seen about 3 of them.
I have one of these that is new. It was bolted on an engine and removed. I also have an OEM one, no real difference other than the markings.
The 6 pack intakes are bringing around $800 from what I have seen lately. New in box will bring a couple hundred more I would imagine.

Being there not being made now, these can command a price tag @ 1K.
I agree with Mike above. Because it is new in the box.

It is tooooo much, but someone will pay it.
I have a bunch into mine being ported and powder coated.

Well hopefully I can pick this up for a decent price and pass it along at a decent price. Thanks for all your replies !

This is my original T/A manifold easily identified by no numbering on the thermostat crossover area and Edelbrock casting.

16543906294533805831613763007152.jpg

From 2018 @brian6pac

O.K. the 3418681 is O.E., the one with the LD6B is over the counter Edelbrock that anyone could buy, the 3418682 was a after market one that Edelbrock made but only a few and went back to the 81 part #. Not sure what that was all about but I have only seen about 3 of them.
Mine has Edelbrock and LD6B on it. It also has Chrysler 3418681 between the 1st and 2nd carb.

There is a benefit of having an aftermarket six pack manifold in my opinion and that would be you can port it or modify it without feeling like you're grinding or modifying a original 1970 T/A manifold:poke:

-
Back