340 block Vin #

-
Oh man I'm bookmarking this post. This is gonna get good. How about what color an engine was on what date? That will really light them up!

Oh man I'm bookmarking this post. This is gonna get good. How about what color an engine was on what date? That will really light them up!
Well starting in the 73 model year all Motors were Chrysler blue Also called (Corporate Blue) But most of 1969 340 were blue. some early ones some were red. and as of April of 71 would have been blue Because of Model year change in June /July of 72. And they would use the Blue up to 83 on all except the 2.2 4cly they were Black. and on the early 2.2 blocks you will find a VW casting on the block because The Germans were making Volkswagens Blocks for the VW Rabbits And Chrysler

Well starting in the 73 model year all Motors were Chrysler blue Also called (Corporate Blue) But most of 1969 340 were blue. some early ones some were red. and as of April of 71 would have been blue Because of Model year change in June /July of 72. And they would use the Blue up to 83 on all except the 2.2 4cly they were Black. and on the early 2.2 blocks you will find a VW casting on the block because The Germans were making Volkswagens Blocks for the VW Rabbits And Chrysler
Close but no cigar. 68 340's were red up until September 9, 1968 so some 69 340's were red. Most 69 340's were turquoise until late in the model year when they went orange. 70 340's were orange, 71 340's were orange until around May 1970 when they went corporate blue and stayed that way until they were done...

Hi Guys Looking for some info on 340 vin stamping on Blocks I got a Guy telling me he has my block for my car. The Vin Numbers are right But Not all are perfectly straight and some are deeper than others Do You Think this is factory. And what does yours look like
This is my numbers matching '72 340 block. The numbers look some what hand stamped individually. Not a replacement block.

1677682217243.png

Close but no cigar. 68 340's were red up until September 9, 1968 so some 69 340's were red. Most 69 340's were turquoise until late in the model year when they went orange. 70 340's were orange, 71 340's were orange until around May 1970 when they went corporate blue and stayed that way until they were done...
Ok i knew that they changed the color and forgot about the turquoise and the hemi orange. Mine is a 73 so have researched 72-73 more

-
Back