340 block with 360 crank

-
Its basically just a .040 over 360, with a bunch more machine work. With the availability of 4" cranks, it doesn't make a lot of sense unless it's just a "want to"

Its basically just a .040 over 360, with a bunch more machine work. With the availability of 4" cranks, it doesn't make a lot of sense unless it's just a "want to"
I bought out a lot of parts and in the lot is a Mopar 3.580 crank with 340 mains and was curious about the cubic inch it would make.

I bought out a lot of parts and in the lot is a Mopar 3.580 crank with 340 mains and was curious about the cubic inch it would make.

If you got the parts, go for it, or sell the crank. I'm sure someone would pay a few bucks for that crank.

Sounds like you own a couple.
I've had many 350s but never a 383. Down here in S.Texas mopars are a little rare. Chevys are cheap and abundant. The yellow Barracuda in my avatar had to be shipped in from Arizona. I had a Barracuda back in the 70s and always wanted another one so I found the yellow one and bought it.

Well, in that case, it would be worthwhile, that way you get the 360 stroke with the smaller mains, better for high RPM

I would use that crank. I have this 3.58 stroke 340 mains callies crank sitting on the shelf.

2CD93E47-9D25-4540-A949-FEEAC21DC2E3.jpeg

-
Back