340 camshaft source P4452782

-

72dustervs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looking for a source for the older 340 camshaft P4452782

276 intake duration - 444 lift, 284 exhaust duration 453 lift at 114 degrees lobe separation

Anyone know of a good source to acquire or one for sale ? Or source that may produce something close

Last edited:
That's the 68 only 4 speed cam that no one has. Oregon Cam Grinders has a grind on file that deadly close. I think like 3 degrees off or some ridiculous BS. It's the same cam. @krazykuda Karl can tell you all about it. He and another member were in on getting Oregon to offer that grind.

That's the 68 only 4 speed cam that no one has. Oregon Cam Grinders has a grind on file that deadly close. I think like 3 degrees off or some ridiculous BS. It's the same cam. @krazykuda Karl can tell you all about it. He and another member were in on getting Oregon to offer that grind.

Yea I will have to check with Oregon cams , I was sorta hoping to find something close to this cam ,

Yea I will have to check with Oregon cams , I was sorta hoping to find something close to this cam ,

It's as close as it comes. You think 3 degrees isn't close?

I cannot remember the exact figure it was off....it might have even been 1 degree.....it was minute whatever it was. I tagged Karl so he'll be along in a bit and fill us all in. I honestly think it's what you're lookin for.

I am using a 4 spd and building my 340 to older specs like that cam , I have a 73 block and using a 71 steel crank an .030 pistons an x-heads and read this cam is the best for street performance

I am using a 4 spd and building my 340 to older specs like that cam , I have a 73 block and using a 71 steel crank an .030 pistons an x-heads and read this cam is the best for street performance

It's a dang goodun, that's a fact.

Looking for a source for the older 340 camshaft P4452782

276 intake duration - 444 lift, 284 exhaust duration 453 lift at 114 degrees lobe separation

Anyone know of a good source to acquire or one for sale ? Or source that may produce something close

The one they measured of mine was 3° off on one lobe, but they can bump that back into the book spec...

Then my exhaust was .006" less than the factory spec, but that's not going to make it a show stopper, it should perform pretty close to the stock factory 340 4 speed cam...

Talk to Ken Heard at Oregon for information on what they can make....

Last edited:
The one they measured of mine was 3° off on one lobe, but they can bump that back into the book spec...

Then my exhaust was .006" less than the factory spec, but that's not going to make it a show stopper, it should perform pretty close to the stock factory 340 4 speed cam...

Talk to Ken Hoard at Oregon for information on what they can make....

That's Ken Heard, but yeah. Him. LOL Thanks Karl!

That's Ken Heard, but yeah. Him. LOL Thanks Karl!

I will send an email and see what I can find out , thanks

Basically he can make the lobes to the exact book spec and the intake lift will be spot on, but the exhaust lift will be .006" less than factory nominal spec.

But will be pretty close if you take into account factory tolerance on the lift...

Basically he can make the lobes to the exact book spec and the intake lift will be spot on, but the exhaust lift will be .006" less than factory nominal spec.

Oh big whoop. LOL I knew it was something really small.

thanks RRR, thats exactly what im after also... i want to duplicate the 68-340-4 speed that the factory originally did.. sounds fun...@davescuda

RRR...are you talking 3 degrees of overlap? and yes we all would like that 68 340 manual trans cam...:)

i wonder what happened to the originals? I suppose guys swapped them out not knowing what they had was pretty good?

Ken Heard can grind one with the correct intake duration, exhaust duration, intake centerline, exhaust centerline, lobe separation, overlap, intake lift, but .006" less exhaust lift than the factory spec 340 4 speed cam....

Seven out of eight of the factory specs dead on and one just slightly off... That's pretty close to the factory cam...

I don't think that there's anything else out there that will be that close...

I heard back today and looks like a good deal ,,,,,

221/227 @ .050”, 276/286 adv, .438”/.456” lift, 114 sep

This is the grind we have been using that is supposed to be the cam you are inquiring about. We made this master from a cam that a customer supplied us that was supposed to be the factory Mopar cam. We have made quite a lot of them. We cam do a regrind for $79 on your core or make a new one for $179.

Thanks

Ken
1-800-539-9165

I heard back today and looks like a good deal ,,,,,

221/227 @ .050”, 276/286 adv, .438”/.456” lift, 114 sep

This is the grind we have been using that is supposed to be the cam you are inquiring about. We made this master from a cam that a customer supplied us that was supposed to be the factory Mopar cam. We have made quite a lot of them. We cam do a regrind for $79 on your core or make a new one for $179.

Thanks

Ken
1-800-539-9165

I'm gonna copy that and post it in the How-To section for people looking for one...

I have taken the specs the you posted from Oregon Cams and made a How-to article on where to buy a 68 340 4 speed cam...

If anybody needs to one in the future, you can find it here:

Reproduction 340-4 Speed Cam

-
Back