340 camshaft source P4452782

-
do you think they could grind this cam for a solid flat tappet ??

OK folks, since this became a "discussion", it s now in a discussion forum. The next "wanted ad" can remain just that.

What lifters would you recommend with that cam?

Called Ken today and they had one on shelf ready to go so I went with that instead of shipping my old one , only difference is it is 112 degrees lobe separation instead of 114 degrees lobe separation , and that part did not bother me so my new cam is being shipped !

What lifters would you recommend with that cam?
The cam should be good with a new set of stock hydraulic lifters ,,since most of my internals are made by Sealed Power I plan on using a new set of Sealed Power HT-2011- Hydraulic Lifters

Called Ken today and they had one on shelf ready to go so I went with that instead of shipping my old one , only difference is it is 112 degrees lobe separation instead of 114 degrees lobe separation , and that part did not bother me so my new cam is being shipped !

I'll endorse that all day long. That's a good grind.

Naw, the 4 speed cam has a good bit more duration. That in your link is the 69 and up automatic and everything cam.
Going to have to order a 2nd one later on for my challenger , its got a 4spd 6 pack setup x-heads , but stock cam 72ish I believe , she roars nicely but think this cam would be that much better , gotta love these old school engines

Going to have to order a 2nd one later on for my challenger , its got a 4spd 6 pack setup x-heads , but stock cam 72ish I believe , she roars nicely but think this cam would be that much better , gotta love these old school engines

I would get that on a 112 as well. That's an excellent choice. What I want to do is maybe get one ground for a slant six on a 108. ......and I have a slant six I am building for a member here, too.

New cam arrived today , to bad gonna be awhile before I get to run it, wanted to send in old cam as it would have been cheaper but did not trust it , it was worn badly an burnt ,engine had been way hot at one time according to machine shop that did the block work and lobes look horrible so didn't take a chance , good thing they had one ready to go

Resized_20210528_160444_7892.jpeg

Resized_20210528_160043_7264.jpeg

Resized_20210528_160151_2804.jpeg

Resized_20210528_160142_1893.jpeg

Hold onto that old one. Trust me. Ken can fix it.

-
Back