340 Dart Demon Hood Pin Pics.

-

R72Demon

Reaction score
Looking for pics. of 340 Darts or Demons with close-ups on the hood pins. Thanks for any help!

Let me know if this helps or if you need something else!

9b_1.jpg

EngineRt%20%28Medium%29.jpg

pinlocation.jpg

resto4.jpg

Thanks, those pics. helped a buntch!!! Now my next question is, how was the hood scuff plate mounted? I have attached 2 pics., was it mounted like pic. #1 (mounting screws making a square shape) or like pic. #2 (mounting screws making a diamond shape)??? I know I am being picky, but I just want them mounted the factory way. Thanks for the help.
100_1477.jpg

100_1478.jpg

Mine also are like picture #1, and mine are factory installed. Now another question, does your hood pin clip go front to back or side to side ?

Realy? Mine may not be factory then. Or some one put them back in wrong. I like them the way they are now so I think I will leave them like that.

Realy? Mine may not be factory then. Or some one put them back in wrong. I like them the way they are now so I think I will leave them like that.
Roger that, boils down to personal preference, really.
Mine is no "museum correct/quality" piece.
BTW, like your choice of color, the burnt orange.

Before you mount the hood pin plate any specific way find out for sure which way the factory would have done it that year (if you want it to be correct). The factory used to mount the plate so the screws were under the pin, which always goes front to back. They later switched it because the pins would wear the head off the screw. I can't remember when Mopar made the switch.

Before you mount the hood pin plate any specific way find out for sure which way the factory would have done it that year (if you want it to be correct). The factory used to mount the plate so the screws were under the pin, which always goes front to back. They later switched it because the pins would wear the head off the screw. I can't remember when Mopar made the switch.

Can you explain the screws under the pin? I can't seam to visualize it.

Can you explain the screws under the pin? I can't seam to visualize it.

The pin should be in there pretty tight. So if you have it in there like pic # 1 it will put a gouge in the plate after time but will be ok.

If you put it in like pic # 2 the pin after time will gouge into the screws wiping them out then you could not get a screw driver in ther to get the plate off.

100_1477.jpg

100_1478.jpg

The pin should be in there pretty tight. So if you have it in there like pic # 1 it will put a gouge in the plate after time but will be ok.

If you put it in like pic # 2 the pin after time will gouge into the screws wiping them out then you could not get a screw driver in ther to get the plate off.

ok that makes sense thanks for the good explanation.

Good information, thanks for the post.

I believe the switch for the plate orientation was between 1969 and 1970. I'm not positive so try and find more info, also if it's not a museum resto I'd just do it they way I liked.

-
Back