Not open for further replies.

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I'm starting from scratch, block is a 68 but I don't think that matters. So far I've figured out I need:

Windage tray bolts
Oil pan bolts
Alternator bolts
Water pump bolts
Timing cover bolts
Valve cover bolts (Magnum heads)

I'm sure there's more but I want to start with that. Maybe some of this would be easier/better from another source, I dunno. If any of this is something you have extra, will be glad to pay reasonable prices and shipping to 98277, thanks!!

I'm starting from scratch, block is a 68 but I don't think that matters. So far I've figured out I need:

Windage tray bolts
Oil pan bolts
Alternator bolts
Water pump bolts
Timing cover bolts
Valve cover bolts (Magnum heads)

I'm sure there's more but I want to start with that. Maybe some of this would be easier/better from another source, I dunno. If any of this is something you have extra, will be glad to pay reasonable prices and shipping to 98277, thanks!!

Just buy the ARP bolt kit. It will save you a crap load of time.

1970Duster,
Okay, thanks, didn't realize there was a kit available, I'll check it out!

There are much cheaper alternatives to the ARP kit out there, depending on what you're looking for. I have been using ARP for anything internal and cheaper ones for external engine pieces. After using some stainless steel ones, I'm not too fond of them, but I suppose that's personal preference.

72Dodge,
Yes, I see a kit, P/N 544-9801 I think, about $168. I've requested more info from Summit, they don't say what all bolts are in it. I'm looking for accessory type bolts, not head bolts yet. I'd be surprised if there were windage tray bolts in that kit, but if it has enough of what I need I would consider it. Are there any other sources you could suggest? Thanks.

Yeah, I've had good experiences with http://alloyboltz.com

They sell ARP kits and individual ARP bolt sets too, in addition to OEM style and stainless.

EDIT: Yes, you'll probably have to buy windage tray bolts separate, I don't think most kits include them.

72Dodge,
Thanks a bunch for the link, new to mopar, finding out what's out there. I think I'll pursue a bolt kit and look for windage tray on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back