340 Exhaust Manifold Bolts

-

toddlaine

Reaction score
I bought a set of 340 71-73 exhaust manifolds but now can't find the bolts needed to mount it, any info would help. Also when I took of the headers the front and rear bolts on both sides leaked coolant, is that normal? Hope so. The engine is a 72 318 Dodge Dart Swinger. I tried local auto parts store and even rock auto, no luck.

I bought a set of 340 71-73 exhaust manifolds but now can't find the bolts needed to mount it, any info would help. Also when I took of the headers the front and rear bolts on both sides leaked coolant, is that normal? Hope so. The engine is a 72 318 Dodge Dart Swinger. I tried local auto parts store and even rock auto, no luck.
Yes, those tap right into the coolant passages.

yearone , clasic industries, etc. the two end positions on each head use 5/16 studs available in most auto part stores

If you are a cheap bastard, you can slip in reasonably thick wall tubing sleeves that end up protruding out of the manifold holes a wee bit, and using grade 8 5/16 coarse thread bolts EXACTLY the right length.Shim with washers to taste.Hint: they have to be IN the holes when you slip the manifolds down in the bay against the heads (cant do it with them in there, not enough room)

Just bought from Year One and used 15% promo code I found on web.
Thanks, ALL

FABO is great I would be lost without it!!!
Now just need to find a member close by to make my friend.

If you need the correct stud/screw combo which helps hold the heat shield on, I can probably hook you up. I've noticed the aftermarket kits don't include it.

Attachments

• 100_3081a.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 516
I'm not using the heat shield now, but the year one kit has the bolts needed for it.
Thanks,

I use Permatex High Temp RTV, in the gold tube, to seal those bolts into the outter coolant passages. Just make sure surfaces are clean and dry. Brake Parts Cleaner with clean paper towels works best to get the surfaces clean.

-
Back