340 Head/Cam upgrade before vs after with results

-
LMAO

It didn't know he was taking requests with the customer engine.

Sign me up for a bigger cam and Victor heads at the customer expense!

ROFLMAO

Looks like my zero deck 360/372 might be getting the edelbrock alloys removed for a quick port job and the Comp 218@50 hydraulic cam removed and replaced with the Comp 294S from my 408 stroker!!

Looks like my zero deck 360/372 might be getting the edelbrock alloys removed for a quick port job and the Comp 218@50 hydraulic cam removed and replaced with the Comp 294S from my 408 stroker!!
Get a damn with more lift and take advantage of the heads air flow ability. ;)

Get a damn with more lift and take advantage of the heads air flow ability. ;)

It has 1.6:1 rockers so has a bit more than normal with this cam and 1.5s but i deliberately under cammed this combo as it was on propane and the mixer wouldnt have kept up if it made any more power. When it goes back onto petrol i can install a bigger camshaft.

Who mentioned a request?Merely an observation.
As I read the below post, it is clearly a request. Or at the very least a statement to what should have been done but not seen. (Or a vague request) as it is NOT an observation statement.
NOT that I do not think it would have been cool to see.

Statements like this bother me. He is a good idea! Why don't YOU spend your money on the identical set up and then swap out carbs so we all know!
Let me know what the bill is.
I would have liked to see a backup test with the 750 vacuum secondary on the original motor.

As I read the below post, it is clearly a request. Or at the very least a statement to what should have been done but not seen. (Or a vague request) as it is NOT an observation statement.
NOT that I do not think it would have been cool to see.

Statements like this bother me. He is a good idea! Why don't YOU spend your money on the identical set up and then swap out carbs so we all know!
Let me know what the bill is.

This^^^^^^^^ And then go post all that work on the Internet for free because I need to see what you are doing to save money.

It's why I don't post specifics most of the time. If I paid for it, I'm a bit more willing to share. But when it's a customers money, I don't post anything. They can if they want to, but it's their money.

The problem is also there is an ever ending line of "Why didn't you do this?!?!" Or that or why did you do that followed by the ever so dumb comment of, "That's stupid!" , "Inwould never run that!", "This part is so much better than that one, why are you wasting... time, money, effort." Followed by remarks like YOU! The sharing person of your efforts, is a dumb ***.

Now I was just pulling the guys chain JOKING about "taking requests." I can did what he said and was saying. It would be great to see 30 tests of a single engine with 30 different parts just to see what intake and carb and header and.....
Do best.

But, even owning a dyno, doesn't mean things get done for free.
Maybe one day after I win lotto I'll take requests. YOU all can surply the parts and fuel. LAMO

I'm just glad of those that share this info.
It's pretty freakin cool.

You guys get a little worked up over my observation or thinking out loud if it suits your more.
If mentioning what the difference may be between running a larger carb vs a new smaller carb is upsetting to you then so be it.

I greatly appreciate his time and efforts.

If your opinion of me is a dumb *** then I am glad you found out early on.

I will be sure to let you proof read my future posts.

Baha ha ha ha ha

Your OK and slightly funny too

Good stuff, and accurate.
I dyno'd an kb .030 9.5 340 w/.528 solid, stock x heads flowed 218-225 cfm int , ld340 untouched, 750dbl pump. whole motor had 12k miles on it.
made 392hp around 6400 rpm.
I forgot to mention I had all accessories-federal power steering pump, alternator, 8 blade water pump , 1 5/8 headers w/2 1/2 full length pipes, the Holley 750 dbl pump was set up 72/81 jets. Didn't bother spending more to know how it do as just a "dyno motor". 20 +hp left, but in the end.. only on paper.

-
Back