340 manifolds..

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
saw these while ay oc md this past weekend and figured i'd post the pics...

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0206.JPG

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0208.JPG

look to be the good manifolds..

manifoldsedgeBEST.jpg

Are you sure those are the 68-70 right side manifold? It looks like the 71+ to me (at least when I blew the picture up to get a better look).

thanks fro posting this. what is the going rate for a set of these? i had a set years back, but sold or traded them...i don't remember.

either way i need a set and prices i see are way high.

thats bonkers, i am hoping to have the whole car put together for less than that!

has anyone tried other manifolds in an early A with 360? the later 340 manifolds look basically the same as the 68-70, so where are the fitment issues??

Usually in the $350-$400 for a good used set. They do reproduce them too for $600 a pair or something like that.

thats bonkers, i am hoping to have the whole car put together for less than that!

has anyone tried other manifolds in an early A with 360? the later 340 manifolds look basically the same as the 68-70, so where are the fitment issues??

The '71 and up 340 pass side manifold has a center outlet and is more restrictive.

400 is about right. Check out the Dakota logs, they say they fit but I have yet to see it. Supposed to flow as good or better. There are 2 sizes, the early ones are larger, and dirt cheap too.

wish i could find it mopar muscle or one of the magazines did a flow test and the magnum exhaust manifolds flow just as good as the ol' hi-po manifolds EXCEPT there is steering (power) shaft clearance problems...the engine has to be raised a bit. Amazing how far technology has come in 35+ years magnum manifolds are by the billions while those dang hi-po 340 manifolds are like gold, even 20 years ago!

so i have been watching ebay and various forums, seems a decent set of 340 HP manifolds is going for about $450 .... new ones are available from shakerhood.com for $550

but are the e body HP manifolds the same as the a body HP?

Are you sure those are the 68-70 right side manifold? It looks like the 71+ to me (at least when I blew the picture up to get a better look).

Nope, they are the early mannyfolds. The later ones have a horizontal rib that runs the length of the passenger mannyfold that that one clearly does not have.

-
Back