340 or 318 turbo

-

cali concept

Reaction score
I have a 1972 Dodge Dart 4 door as a parts car with a 318 already running low compression. I picked up a 1973 340 low compression I have a single turbo. And always wanted to build a 33318 but the 340 fell into my lap [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaGKq0s7CWY&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Turbo V8 - Franks VJ Chrysler Valiant - YouTube[/ame]. Had made me want to build a 318. Car that I want to build up is a 1967 Dodge Dart I have a good size Garrett turbo an 8.8 rearend.

It is totally doable.....It Just Costs Money.

What do You want to know?

i had a mild 340 in my dart with a singe turbo making 640rwhp on 10#s and 93 octane. after it let go i built a 416 and it made almost 1000rwhp on 17#s and 93 oct... here is a video on the dyno with the 340...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-uTTLcSuQ"]Frania Fabrication 1971 Turbo Dart Swinger Dyno#1 - YouTube[/ame]

Pro injection three set up yes, no or maybe. I think it will fit well for my needs I am trying to go to hot august nights. I admit it's a bit much but its my first turbo set up they go boom when it does i can just swap everyhing over.

Here is what I have
2013-03-25_21-02-52_359_zps4faf0fe2.jpg
2013-03-25_07-24-09_766_zps03c147c1.jpg
2013-03-25_07-24-52_478_zps0266ffe5.jpg
2013-03-24_01-48-19_635_zpsa11f0d09.jpg
2013-03-25_07-22-40_764_zpsb1b93ad5.jpg

It is totally doable.....It Just Costs Money.

What do You want to know?

Do I go blow through carb or go EFI and if EFI Is the way which EFI system.
Pro injection three set up yes, no or maybe. I think it will fit well for my needs I am trying to go to hot august nights. I admit it's a bit much but its my first turbo set up they go boom when it does i can just swap everyhing over.

Blow through might be the cheapest way to go. There seems to be a bunch of people on the web using the projection III with boost. So the projection III will work well just costs a lot. Megasquirt is the cheapest most useful fuel injection out there but, Its pretty complicated.

Its my birthday weekend and I will drop the 318 in the 67 then I will begin to through together a turbo. Setup. Will up date once I am sober.

I have a 1972 Dodge Dart 4 door as a parts car with a 318 already running low compression. I picked up a 1973 340 low compression I have a single turbo. And always wanted to build a 33318 but the 340 fell into my lap Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaGKq0s7CWY&feature=youtube_gdata_player. Had made me want to build a 318. Car that I want to build up is a 1967 Dodge Dart I have a good size Garrett turbo an 8.8 rearend.

Why not turbo the 340 if its not already?

Mopar daddy rocker dude thank you for your opinions. Its my first real biuld and if I break something I rather be a dime a dozen low compression 318.

Slant 6 fuel injected Tower of Power. Was my first choice but unfortunately the dark that I bought had a v8

I think I follow what your trying to do.... I agree 318 Turbo is a nice option. If something goes wrong your out a 318... but still have a 340 sitting in the garage that you can build. Plus I love the idea of a really fast 318!!!

wow,thats a very rare and unique statement!!!:razz:

Thank you for putting it so eloquently. I do realize that it sounds somewhat ignorant, but I come to love things that don't die and I am sentimental to the fact it was my first mopar. All of my friends had nice cars but I new I had a real car because Friends Camaros and Mustangs would consistently beat me well at least to the shop there cars were breaking down all the time.

Thank you for putting it so eloquently. I do realize that it sounds somewhat ignorant, but I come to love things that don't die and I am sentimental to the fact it was my first mopar. All of my friends had nice cars but I new I had a real car because Friends Camaros and Mustangs would consistently beat me well at least to the shop there cars were breaking down all the time.
Dude my engine will be crooked till I die lol

More like this one
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDWYS7NU_Q8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Tilley's turbo VC - turbocharged 225ci slant six - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back