340 or dougs headers go in car first?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i am dropping in my 340-4 speed setup into my duster, but what is easier? to put engine in first? headers in place first?

do i put starter on before engine goes in? can someone tell me the process for the simpiliest install

simplest way is to have a mini starter on and the headers on it already all attached to the k memeber and then bolt K member into place is the easiest. If not that way then drop motor in with mini stater and put headers on after the motor is in the car.

Noooooooooo. Install headers and then suspend the headers on the side, best done with 2 freinds rather than rope or wire, then drop the engine in. Bolt headers on heads after the engine is bolted to the tranny.

Noooooooooo. Install headers and then suspend the headers on the side, best done with 2 freinds rather than rope or wire, then drop the engine in. Bolt headers on heads after the engine is bolted to the tranny.

THIS!

If you are dropping the engine in. Leave them in the bags to keep from maring the finish. It's a bit of a balance but not tough.

Bungee cords work well if by yourself.

guess it depends on the oil pan your using. I'm using the new Milodon road race oil pan and bungee cord doesn't work to well

ok, so i started to do them before reading the rest of the repys. so i put the engine/trans in, and then just pulled it back up! arrrrrrrrr. i got the passenger side on, but for the driver side, do i mount the starter, or do i just leave it set on top of the header, and set it all in place, then bolt the starter up?

Mini Stater? Pull it out, you can put it back in after the headers are in.

On the drvr side I was able to put in the header from under the car. I left the z-bar off for more room. Once it's up in place just start a couple of bolts to hold it in place an put in the starter before you tighten up the header bolts.

-
Back