340 Power on the track

-

ValiantRacing

Reaction score
This is my daughter driving her 1965 Signet, 340 10.6 comp KB pistons, Edelbrock heads,M1 intake. 10.70 at 123.95, and we are not done, there is more there to be had. really happy for her. She loves driving the car, went from 12s to 10s with the same block, crank, pistons, heads, intake etc...

This is my daughter driving her 1965 Signet, 340 10.6 comp KB pistons, Edelbrock heads,M1 intake. 10.70 at 123.95, and we are not done, there is more there to be had. really happy for her. She loves driving the car, went from 12s to 10s with the same block, crank, pistons, heads, intake etc...

That car is stunning!

Great performance to go with the looks too!

10.70s foot braking. She’s a wheel(wo)man. Good for her. You should be proud.

10.70s foot braking. She’s a wheel(wo)man. Good for her. You should be proud.

it’s indeed very impressive, but you mention the footbraking as though a car would be slower footbraking.. most always cars will ET the same either way, foot or brake. Anything I have ever ran both ways, that was the case. Same 60 foot, same ET

Please tell me it's a street car, too!

it’s indeed very impressive, but you mention the footbraking as though a car would be slower footbraking.. most always cars will ET the same either way, foot or brake. Anything I have ever ran both ways, that was the case. Same 60 foot, same ET
Na, I meant nothing of the sort. I meant it’s harder to footbrake and takes more driver skill to run the same number as a driver leaving off a brake.

Na, I meant nothing of the sort. I meant it’s harder to footbrake and takes more driver skill to run the same number as a driver leaving off a brake.

It can be harder to cut as good a light off the foot, but regards running the same number, it has zero impact regards consistency racing a car either way. I foot brake my car, ran 4 identical passes last month at Moparty. Hold the car at 2000 rpm, mat the gas pedal. Pretty darn basic.
And repeatable.

But back to the OP. Very impressive and good looking car!

Last edited:
Awesome Valiant! That's haulin' *** for a "little" 340. Where are your going to get your racing fix in when Sac Raceway closes?

What did you do for a cam, converter and rear cog’s?

Exactly. Old school at its finest. Relying on skill and not technology. ...and here comes the hate.

I will argue a little on foot brake to trans brake.
1.39 foot brake
1.29 trans brake
9.96 ET foot brake
9.70 ET trans brake

Why caint we all just brag on how well his daughter drives instead of turning this into an arguing match about foot braking verses not? Who gives a flying FRIG? Yall shut that crap up and go make another thread for it. I think she's doing a great job and that's ALL this needs to be about.

I will argue a little on foot brake to trans brake.
1.39 foot brake
1.29 trans brake
9.96 ET foot brake
9.70 ET trans brake

if those are true, it’s by far the biggest disparity from one to the other I have ever seen or heard of. Hundredth or two or three maybe, can’t remember of hearing bigger difference than that.
The converter is gonna flash where it flashes, it could care less if you foot or Tbrake it.
it’s gonna go right to where it hits at, either way.

I gotta kind laugh at your post, but I will leave it at that

What does that beauty weigh?
That's very respectable for a 340 but 340 is an engine that earns respect

VERY nice!!

Where is it you were running? I had to look up El Dorado, and even then had trouble finding it.

-
Back