340 recommended intake

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
I have a stock 71 340, planning on 3 season daily driver use weather permitting. Going into a 71 Duster, 833od, 3:55 rear. Comp XE268 stick, and the stock TQ. I have a Performer intake. Will this intake be holding this engine back? Also considering a Torker II. Open to other suggestions so long as they are a spreadbore design. Really don't want to screw with a spacer. Thanks

If you are running the Thermoquad, run the factory intake. I ran one on my 318 and it performed nicely.

Stay with the Performer Dan...

It makes good torque/power over a wide range in the street RPM territory. In my opinion, with the rpm drop of the 833OD, i doubt you'll do better with anything else for overall drivability and power. Even if you really want to hot rod the car & max out the power, how often are you jumping on it vs regular driving? Not much I would guess.

The Performer RPM works nice with the cam you have.
The LD 340 would work well also.

Performer for daily driver use,x2 (heat crossover helps drivability & gas mileage.). If you do change manifolds,I suggest staying a dual plane with 3:55 gears.

I had a similar build with an LD340 that worked very well. Why not the original 71 intake? Those are a good intake from what I have read. I know they sell good. Stupid me SOLD 3 of them and did not keep one for myself.

performer rpm is what i use on my solid roller 340 and it run awesome to 7k rpm's, dont run a regular performer as it has 318 sized ports.

Port match the intake to match the heads it will equal the factory intake but be much lighter. Factory intake is a very good piece.

-
Back