340-s or 383-s hood louvers

-

highwaystar

Reaction score
I am looking for a picture of an original 68 formula S hood louver. I need to know the paint scheme. I believe the inside was light argent and black around the 340-s emblems and black around the light argent, with the only chrome showing was to the very outide and # script and possibly the top of the 2 lugs. Was there a darker argent around the lugs? anybody that can post a pix of an original would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
T.J.

Nice pix. It looks like a dark argent around the # script. I can't magnify around the lug. It looks like a light argent around it and black on the top of the lug, no chrome showing.
Thanks HemiED..

Very much like mine. The only black is the outline that goes around the outside.

Around the 340-S and the lugs it is a dark argent, lugs are black.

This is a dead on match for the interior dark argent.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SHW-HWP102/

DSC00044.jpg

Nice pix. It looks like a dark argent around the # script. I can't magnify around the lug. It looks like a light argent around it and black on the top of the lug, no chrome showing.
Thanks HemiED..
Glad to help friend, I stumbled on to that picture this week, as I am going to offer my 340s set for sale. I was shocked at that price, but if he had a pair, I bet it would break the bank.

Very much like mine. The only black is the outline that goes around the outside.

Around the 340-S and the lugs it is a dark argent, lugs are black.

This is a dead on match for the interior dark argent.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SHW-HWP102/

DSC00044.jpg
Wow, you did a very nice job on those. Very nice! I have always left the chrome showing, just because I like chrome. :D

I finished mine today. I left the lug chrome, just to have a little more bling. I am glad I know the right way to do them. When it's ready for concourse, I will change it.

Attachments

• DSC04005.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 202
I sold this set about 6 months ago, best set I had seen.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 005.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 006.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 003.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 002.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 221
I did mine by matching as much of the argents from over the counter silvers and argents... not a perfect match to my original 318 colors, but close enough for my enjoyment!
Before
68hoodinserts_robinson.jpg

After
340_inserts.jpg

The 3 colors I used on mine were.........

Krylon Dull Aluminum #1403.

Krylon Semi-Gloss Black #51603

Dupli-Color HWP102 - Dupli-Color High Performance Wheel Coating

-
Back