340 SFI Balancer

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new balancer that is SFI approved that will work with the stock pulleys and not cause alignment problems. Any suggestions???

fishy68: Did you check out that damper? Is that what you were looking for? Just wondered.

Well I know Romac is a real good balancer and it's a good price but it doesn't say the thickness so I'm not sure. That's my main concern cause I have a new March serpentine system and don't want any problems mounting it up. Next weekend is the Indy swap meet and I'm going with my tape measure and see what I can find. Thanks Demon

Well I know Romac is a real good balancer and it's a good price but it doesn't say the thickness so I'm not sure. That's my main concern cause I have a new March serpentine system and don't want any problems mounting it up. Next weekend is the Indy swap meet and I'm going with my tape measure and see what I can find. Thanks Demon
The Romac is a good damper. E-mail the seller and ask for measurements. Otherwise if you don't race your car, just install an OEM damper. They are usually tested at somewhere around 8000 rpms. Hope you find one either way.

Bob, Thanks for the help getting this thread responded to.

hi,BHJ has a dampner that will fit. no spacer problem on my 340.its SFI also.

-
Back