340 six pack crank and rods?

-

Capt. Zorro

Reaction score
I bought a bunch of junk off a guy last week that included a 340 crank and rods that have a tag on them that says 340 six pack. My machinist said that he thought the six pack rods were slightly longer than a standard 340. Anyone ever hear of this? Seven of the rods are within one gram of each other the eighth is 10 grams heavier.

340 6 pac motors used standard 340 rods and crank.

all 318/340/360 used rods that were 6.123 inches long.

Thanks Tony, that's what I thought but didn't want to say anything till I was sure. Guess the old guy has gotten to close to the cleaning solvent. He's a great machinist but like me is showing his age, I'm 60 now and he has a few years on me.

Yeah Mike, he works on everything. Had a couple big diesel engines tore down when I was there. He's been doing this for about 50 yrs. now, when the big machine shop he was running closed down he and his Son opened a small place near their home. It ain't nothin' fancy, but he's always taken care of me and I like to just go by and pick his brain and bull $hit with him ever once in awhile.

Longgone, probably "old timers" disease. (he's been known to pull on a jug a little also, one good thing about owning your own shop) I've got a bad case of CRS and CFS anymore. I can't remember what it is or where I put it, spend more time looking for a part than fixing something.

Longgone, probably "old timers" disease. (he's been known to pull on a jug a little also, one good thing about owning your own shop) I've got a bad case of CRS and CFS anymore. I can't remember what it is or where I put it, spend more time looking for a part than fixing something.

I can relate...........:toothy10:

-
Back